Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Drew (Waterloo/ Cedar Falls high school senior photographer)

When I went to meet Drew for our photoshoot, I was expecting a high school boy. So when this good looking young man pulls up next to me in downtown Waterloo, I moved to the side because I thought he wanted to park where I was standing. I barely even made eye contact with the guy because I was busy looking for a kid :) It of course turned out this WAS who I was meeting. I was so embarrassed that I was ignoring my client! This is now the reason I am making it mandatory that everyone having a session with me "friends" me on facebook before hand :) (just kidding about that last part, but that would be awesome)

Drew was such an awesome guy to spend an afternoon with last week. He was up for anything and looked pretty cool doing it too! I know his aunt and gave her a call saying, "You didn't tell me he was so handsome!"

I want to make sure you don't think that sky is fake in the photo above! Hopefully Drew can back me up on that one. It was a really cloudy day, but the sun would poke through every once in awhile. I felt pretty lucky I caught it in some photographs. I did have to use 2 different exposure for anyone who cares about that kinda stuff :) One for Drew and one for the background.

It's no secret I love photographing kids. Something about their innocence, laughter, and adorable nature just gets to me and I want to document it because I know they grow so fast! So I'm surprising myself just how much I like to photograph high school seniors! I'm not all that much older than them, so it's pretty easy to relate and get along as friends! Plus, it's fun that they do everything I ask without crying or running away :)


Drew, thanks for the pleasure of photographing you! I had a great time :)

12 comments:

Anonymous April 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Super great pics of Drew, Terry. We liked all but definitely the close up one with the brick (Super cute smile) and the one showing his guns (I think a machine shed is the background)Thanks for sharing!
C and K

Anonymous April 21, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Love the first pic and DEFINITELY the third one, but the rest are really great too! Thanks for sharing! She takes great pics!
Bri

Anonymous April 21, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Hi,
I know Drew's Mom! Terry, WHAT a good looking young feller! All the photos are keepers. He also has taste. I know you love him and are such a very proud Mama. Great job, Terry. Drew, hug your mother. Ashley,wonderful photographs all around. Joyce Mc.

Heather April 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

So fun to see the "senior" side of your skills also! Great job and certainly this Mom also had tears looking at these great shots of her handsome young man!

tt April 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Hey-These are great photos-VERY handsome boy/man! 18 really? Well you both did a great job! and I will most definatly be telling others about your service

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

I loved that you got him to smile !! My favorite is 6704 for that reason!!

Thanks
Mel

Mag April 23, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

I agree good photos's-Read somebody talking about the pipes too bad the pics were not taken when he had pipes-8months of no lifting but there coming back but being a guy and all I still say great photos hope mine tun out as good!

Anonymous April 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Terry, Drew,
GREAT pictures. Love the one outside with the stormy sky above the building!
Such a handsome man!!!
KLV

Anonymous April 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

The pictures are awesome but as Ashley said Drew is a good looking young man and that helps make it so much easier to photograph. It is going to be very hard to pick from. I really like the black and white ones.Thank you for sharing the pictures it's always great to see how families grow. Good Luck to Drew with his future Education.
JG

Jill April 25, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Nice pics! Very handsome boy you've got in Drew, Terry. Thanks for sharing! -Jill Ellsworth

Anonymous April 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Wow, what a handsome man and great photography. I would have a very hard time picking my favorite. I am glad it isn't my job to do so.

Julianne
Friend of Ashley and Dawn K.

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

These pictures turned out great>>. Will be hard to choose from!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP