Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Prep

My mom and I spent the weekend together getting ready for Christmas. We finished up shopping, wrapped presents, made food for holiday parties and baked and baked, and we baked some more! I had a lot of work to do too, so I spent quite a bit of time editing and ordering prints. It's nice I can work wherever I want, but I'm looking forward to some down time to just relax. It was a fun weekend.


My mom is a more dedicated photographer than me:

Homemade carmel corn! I was amazed to find out there are only 3 ingredients in the carmel that goes on top of popcorn. This is so yummy. I may have snacked on it for awhile yesterday.

I can't even count the number of cookie batches we made. I'm kind of sugared out from this weekend.

I was able to do most of my Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I did NOT get up early or participate in the REAL Black Friday deals. By about 10 or 11, most of the crowds are gone. So I only had a couple of things left to buy this weekend. It was nice to get some of the remaining things wrapped up.

And here she is again!
One of the things I thought I might miss this season, was having a job where endless goodies are brought from other companies in the business. I have no idea how many calories I've consumed the past few years working in an office. I loved getting to eat the cookies, meat/cheese platters, candies, and chocolates at work (instead of working). I thought the upside of not having all these "extras" would be my waistline. But after this weekend, I'll have to reconsider that initial thought!

1 comments:

LindaAlex December 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

LOVED the weekend! Getting ready for Christmas together is as much fun as Christmas! Thanks for making the time every year.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP