Sunday, April 29, 2012

4 month old boy


Lincoln is 4 months old... wahoo!  Errr, wait.  Ok, so 3 months old and earlier seemed to be easier.  This month little man is definitely more aware, but crankier than he's ever been.  He's never really cried that much, until this month.  I've mentioned this to several friends and it seems like a lot of them went through this 4 month stage.  We feel like he knows what he wants to do but gets so frustrated because his hands just wont do what he wants them to do!  He is certainly still a delight and lights up the day with his smiles :)  I just wish he would go back to sleeping 8 or 9 hour stretches at night!


Lincoln and I went to a Mama's group at our birthing instructor's house yesterday.  I was nervous because I figured I'd have to be bouncing, swinging, walking and shushing the entire time.  One guess as to who was possibly the most content child there!?  Maybe its ME.  I think he's bored with our house and with his mom.  Maybe he just wants to get out and be around other people.  I think he would have been happier being a third child and watching siblings run around.


Anyone else's baby's feet sweat and kinda stink?  They don't smell bad, but not exactly like fresh out of the tub either.  His feet always seem to be damp and the skin between his toes started to crack last week.  I would have never imagined such a young boy's feet could be so clammy.  I wonder what it will be like when he's 16!


I never could have imagined how incredible and rewarding a breast-feeding relationship could be.  I love nursing Lincoln and am glad I powered through that tough first month.  It's all been worth it!  I also didn't realize how many questions I would have.  I thought you just fed your baby and that was that.  I sure am learning a ton.


What a blessing this boy is!  Every day (and night) is a new adventure.

2 comments:

LindaAlex May 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM  

Did I tell you that I love these shots? Especially the profile. . .and even his very cute little sweaty feet!

Julie Ulven May 11, 2012 at 6:33 AM  

Oh, Ashley, he is so sweet! I think there is a name for this stage of the crying fits "The Blue Cry" or something like that. It is a stage of unprovoked crying. Mieke did it at this age and I thought it would never end. It does! Ours came in February when the power kept going out and the ice and snow never stopped. Sigh. Hang in there!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP