Monday, October 6, 2008

1st Wedding Anniversary


We have been married for ONE year TODAY! yay us! (not that I didn't think we'd make it or anything) It's been such a good year of marriage. Ups and downs, as I'm sure any couple goes through, but overall, we've loved being married.
Our wedding day was wonderful. One year later, what sticks out in my mind is everyone that did so much for us! I wish I could go through the list in my head and thank everyone again for what they did, but I'll just say it, I'm lazy. I also fear I may leave someone out. So, this will be my shout out thank you for the wonderful people that did so much for us on our wedding day!
We talked a lot about what we should do to celebrate. Since we were in Mason City until yesterday, we decided to take the day off work and just be together with our puppy. So we have a list of fun activities we want to do.
Travis' uncle John taped our wedding and some before and after stuff for us. We have never seen it. He gave it to us in a very timely manner, but we have never gotten it transfered to a CD so we can watch it! Today, I at least want to look in to WHERE we can get this transfered, and maybe even see it today!
We LOVE going to the dog park.  I know it sounds like the dog equivalent of crazy cat lady.  But its good entertainment to watch a bunch of dogs play together.  We've only seen a couple of "incidents".  We saw one nippy/ aggressive Welsh Corgi, and a black lab that came in and immediately started a fight.  But for the most part, all the dogs are friendly and well behaved.
We decided not to do any gifts for our anniversary.  But my dad and his wife, Ann gave us some CASH $$ for our first anniversary!!!  Trav and I decided we wanted to go shopping and buy something fun for ourselves!  So we may venture over to target and buy some "toys" for ourselves.
We plan to end our evening by going out for dinner and eating the top of our cake (hopefully it's not freezer burnt).  All the pictures were done by our wonderful wedding photographers at NuVue Images.  Thanks for stopping by, I'm off to enjoy our First Anniversary!

4 comments:

LindaAlex October 6, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Happy Anniversary! Your photos bring back great memories. I saw Scott and Kaley's wedding album this weekend. Wow, you got great shots. You are a wonderful wedding photographer yourself!

Kris Hoskinson October 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

happy anniversary!!! yeah!!! one year and so many more ahead. hope you guys are enjoying your day together.

Jill October 7, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

Happy Anniversay Ashley and Travis! One year already, hard to believe. It was nice to see you last Saturday. Man, Kevin almost took your wedding date.

Jill

Becky Bartlett October 20, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Your wedding pictures are amazing... what a beautiful couple!! :) Hope your anniversary was great.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP