Sunday, November 9, 2008

The monstrosity

This is our special purchase!!!!  Trav and I slept on a full sized bed for the first year of our marriage.  It wasn't horrible all the time, but we were both tired of falling asleep to, "Move Over", "How much room do you have?" "Get your hand out from under my pillow!"


So in came the KING!  We did a lot of bed searching and ended up on the last place/ bed we saw, and they were able to deliver it 2 days later!  I informed Travis that we would have to paint the bedroom, he was DEVASTATED!  He hates to paint, but I just couldn't handle doing it all on my own.  So he certainly wasn't happy about it, but told me he would do it because if he didn't he "wouldn't hear the end of it."  I didn't really care WHY he was helping me, just glad he agreed to do it.  (I did suggest that if/when we move, we hire painters :)

I went to get the paint at 8:00AM on Saturday morning, and we started painting at 9:00AM.  The painting itself was pretty enjoyable for both of us, and we got it done in only 3 hours.  The bed was supposed to show up between 1:30PM and 3:30PM, but we got a call at noon saying they were running early and would be there in 5 minutes.  MAN, we were both super glad we had gotten all the painting done in the morning.  It was quite the struggle to get the king sized mattress up our tiny stairway!  I was a little nervous the delivery guys would just give up and let it be stuck on the stairs.

This past week I had been to Bed Bath and Beyond probably about 4 times :)  We got the bed set up, sheets washed, bed made, and it's ALL done.  I sort of messed up on the paint color.  I wanted it to be a shade lighter, and more grey/blue, but it turned out pretty darn blue.  Oh well, live and learn!

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett November 9, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Looks great! Very relaxing I bet! I think a king size bed may be on our list of purchases also!! Whenever we have one in a hotel or something, we love it. Enjoy a peaceful night of sleep!!

LindaAlex November 9, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

It looks so cozy, Ash! I am so very impressed that you got the entire room painted before noon...amazing. It really does look great. I bet you'll want to go to bed even earlier now!

Kris Hoskinson November 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

i love it!
this makes me want to crawl in bed right now......

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP