Monday, March 16, 2009

San Francisco (with a c)

A vacation!  Travis and I just got back from 4 days in San Francisco.  I learned how to spell Francisco about 5 days ago.  I had been putting an "s" behind the "n".  WHO KNEW!?
We arrived in SF about 9:30 AM on Thursday morning and felt confident in saving some serious cash by trying to find our hotel ourselves through the Metro and Bus system. Well, not sure if this was the best idea. Being newbies in the town, this took us about 2 hours to travel 13 miles. It wasn't my ideal way to start our vacation, but we bounced back once we got an early check-in into our hotel and ate Thai food a bit after noon.
We then "hit the hills"  OH MAN, did we climb some hills.  I had no idea my shins could hurt like that.  I think it was such a different experience to walk down such steep streets, my bones didn't know how to handle it.  We walked from our hotel to Fisherman's Warf and walked around the rest of the afternoon.  The sunshine felt soo good.  The day we left Iowa, I think it was something like 5 degrees!
People were probably wondering who those pasty people were bathing in the sun.




That was our first day, more later!

2 comments:

LindaAlex March 19, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

I love seeing your travel photos. SF looks great. I am anxious to go there again someday. Last time I was there was 1971...wow! You make the city look great!

Amber March 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

HAHA...and you walked the hills! That brings back such horrifying, yet rewarding memories of running 26.2 miles of those "hills"!! :) :) Love the pictures!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP