Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ALL for the scouts

What... ?  You thought I was a health nut?!  It's a bit weird that I would do two posts about food in a couple week time frame.  You have to understand.... Food is a passion of mine :)  I felt the need to give the junk food side of me a little blog love too!  I eat all natural peanut butter and I love Burger King :)


OK, on to the scouts!  Every year there is a burning desire in me to help the girl scouts with their fundraiser.  Who can say no to a sweet little blonde haired girl.... errr.... I mean my 40-something year old boss.  Yeah, that's right, I buy girl scout cookies from my boss every year.  His daughter is the one selling them.  Every year people in the office give him a hard time for not bringing her in to sell them herself.  Every year, he has a few different excuses of how they don't have time to bring her in and we can buy them, or not.  WE BUY THEM!

I'd have to say the thin mints are the "staple" in girl scout cookies.  Peanut Butter Patties are a must too.  Last year I discovered Lemonades.  I LOVE them :)  This year we tried the "thanks a lot".  Nothing special.  I ordered Travis 2 boxes and delivered them as a surprise a couple weeks ago.  I'm pretty sure I got the best wife EVER award for the day :)  I think he's since asked "how many boxes do you have at work?" a few times.  (I have more than him!)  But the real number will stay a secret.

I received some horrible news as I was dropping T's cookies off that the Thin Mint plant is closing.  Is this true?  Can anyone confirm that?!  WHAT IS GOING ON?!

On one more note, I've heard some people having a problem downloading the blog after I updated the template.  Are you one of them?  I mean, you can obviously see it now, but I'm trying to figure out who is able to see it and who isn't/ wasn't.  

5 comments:

Becky Bartlett March 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

We missed out on the cookies this year... probably not a bad thing, though. I've always loved those caramel delight things? The ones with coconute.. mmmm.

Kris Hoskinson March 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

sad no cookies for me either this year....i love the caramel ones too. YUM. i've never had lemonades?? hmmm......

The Farwells March 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I had my fair share of thin mints! =)
I just looked at your website... how exciting! We are looking forward to Brenna's birthday in June and another photo shoot with you!

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

I didn't know that! I want lemonades now:) I can read your blog fyi:) I hope you have fun on your vacation!!!

Johnni March 11, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Good topic. Were you a Girl Scout? I was, and I was probably the worst little salesgirl out there. Just never was my thing which I realize 10 years later is perfectly okay :) We went for the PB (of course) sandwiches and the new Dulce De Leche. I wasn't impressed by the new ones. I was also bummed that we forgot to get thin mints, but fortunately some of our friends here got them :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP