Friday, April 10, 2009

MY Jesus

I think of Good Friday for it's powerful service of darkness at Nazareth Lutheran Church in Cedar Falls.  It is a service led by the students of the Cedar Valley, specifically the seniors.  The service, as packed as it is, feels so intimate, real, and emotional, that as Good Friday approaches, I get excited for this weekend and hearing the powerful story of Christ's death and resurrection.


Something I forget every year is how HARD it is for me to hear the story of Jesus on the cross.  I know it's something important to acknowledge, but I find myself kind of sick to my stomach watching the dramatizations and videos.  I want to look away or yell, "THAT'S MY JESUS!"  It all feels so personal.

The "Passion of the Christ" movie was very hard for me.  I actually wish I hadn't seen it.  I know my mom didn't because to her, she didn't know why she would WANT to watch a loved one die.  She equated it to visually seeing one of her own children die.  Maybe that's why it's so hard for me, is it feels like that is my father, brother, friend being hurt so badly.

Thank GOD for Easter Sunday!
He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!
My mom and I sometimes say this even when it's not Easter.  Did anyone else say that in church? :)

1 comments:

LindaAlex April 10, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I am so proud of you. You have a beautiful faith-filled heart.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP