Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lunch or Dinner

Easter Sunday we went to Trav's grandparents for..... LUNCH! That's what I call it anyway.  His whole family calls it dinner.  I kind of think it's a country/ city thing.  Can anyone clear this up for me?!


Anyway, I love being at his grandparents house.  They've always accepted me as part of their family, and it feels like home to be around them.

Travis thinks he's growing his hair out... I'm just not so sure.
this is Callie, Trav's sister, with their grandma.

5 comments:

Becky Bartlett April 15, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

It's lunch every other day of the week... but definitely Sunday dinner. :) (I grew up in the country also!)

Anonymous April 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Its probably because in the country back in the day, the wives would stay at home and cook a big 'dinner' at noon and call all the men in to eat when it was ready. And then turn around and do the same thing at night. Which we call 'supper'!

Maybe the city folks never got a big meal and snacked aka 'had lunch' around noon because they were always working.


Get used to it! You belong to our family now.
Callie

Kris Hoskinson April 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

growing up on the farm, in small town Iowa, it was "dinner" and "supper." my dad and i have had discussions about it now since i call it lunch and dinner. :) moving away from some of my roots, yikes!

Anonymous April 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

just a side note....Callie is going off of 1.5 hrs of sleep in this picture--it explains the tired look!

Lindsey Voss April 24, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

dinner and supper, that's what we say at the Voss farm, haha. I

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP