Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mowgli H.C.




Mowgli is "herder certified"!  So he actually has an H.C. after his name.  Travis and I tell people... yeah, it's kinda like how doctors have an M.D. after their name ! :) :)  It's THAT cool!  Earlier this month, Cheryl took Mowgli to Wisconsin for a dog show.  On the last day, the dogs had a chance to show off any natural instinct they might have in herding.  So they put our puppy into this large pen with 3 sheep and watched what he would do.  Apparently he was a natural herder and loved it!


I didn't go, so all these pictures are courtesy of Alla!  We did get an evaluation form rating Mowgli's "technique" in 11 different areas.  The ones I think are interesting is that he had a "force bark".  The other options were silent or excessive.  So a force bark sounds pretty good to me.  He did get distracted but his temperament would adjust to the situation.  He didn't have much power, but I could have guessed that!  At home, he'll barely take a treat out of our hands.  He'll basically put his mouth up to the treat and expect us to drop it in so his teeth don't touch us! :)  He also likes to play with bugs and once in awhile I've seen him with a small wild animal.  He's mostly curious but doesn't seem to want to kill or hurt anything.

We're pretty proud of our boy and have really enjoyed him getting to be a part of these fun things!  I did miss him terribly when he left for this week long trip.  Sadly, Travis can attest that I actually cried after Cheryl took him.  Oh goodness, what a SAPP I am :)

5 comments:

Kelsey May 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

This picture reminds me of Babe the pig. I mean, Babe the Pig HC

Becky Bartlett May 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Congrats, HC!

Johnni May 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

That's awesome - it would have been really fun to get to watch :)

HaTikva Canaans June 1, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Mowgli was a good boy all weekend. He seemed to enjoy meeting new people and all the new experiences.

As far as the high quality herding photos, I can't take credit for them. They are courtesy of Risa Baumrind, owner of Mowgli's half-brother, Taavi.

Alla

Anonymous June 3, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Hi Ashley, Dr. Zach here.
Nice looking Dog.
I will have to bring some pictures of our dog to the office, they look very much alike. Of course YOUR dog does have more credentials than mine!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP