Friday, May 8, 2009

Tax Refund!


Travis has been so supportive of my photography this past year. Truthfully, at first, he wasn't sure I was good at photography. Only when OTHER people started noticing my photographs did he start to think I "wasn't so bad"..... awwww, thanks honey! :)  Up until now, I would save up any money I'd earned taking photos for other people for equipment... cameras, lenses, batteries, CF cards.  It was taking a long time to acquire... really anything :)


We are probably opposites, me and Trav...  I am the saver and he is the spender.  Although neither one of us are extremes, and I think we've both gotten the other to "ease" up.  He always asks what I want to do with our tax refund money.  This year he told me he thought I should buy whatever camera gear I thought I would need.  At first I wasn't going to, but figured I would just spend the next couple of years dragging out my purchases.  So alas, I got a pretty good setup!
My new lens that I'm totally in love with.  It was much more money than I wanted to spend.  But heard from many people if I tried to skimp and get off brands, I would constantly be disappointed with the clarity of my shots.
So with my new fancy lens, I needed something to clean it with!
My new flash (that I don't know how to use)  But I'll figure it out eventually :)  I don't really need a flash.  I use natural light for most of my shots.  I am shooting a couple of weddings this summer and knew I would need something for the reception :)
High tech gear requires lots of CF cards.  I had to add a few of those in my order.
Last but CERTAINLY not least!  With all my new stuff, especially my monster lens, I had to get a new camera bag.  My new setup wouldn't even fit in my old bag.  How crazy would it have been to have a shiny camera and lens and not have a way to get it anywhere :)
THANKS TRAV! :)

1 comments:

amwz photography May 18, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

love the set up!! What is that pen?? I have not see that... I got a speedlight too!!! I am learning how to use it- to drag the shutter.. always something to learn, right?? love that!!
great blog you have here!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP