Sunday, June 14, 2009

Rainy Day turned awesome


I had the pleasure of meeting this family last weekend!  Saturday was rainy... REALLY rainy.  I had scheduled a shoot for 9:30 am. but it was pretty darn wet outside.  I called their momma to see what she wanted to do.  They live an hour away and by the time I called, they were on the road!  They were going to run errands and we said we'd keep in touch.  My day was very flexible, so when the rain stopped, we took our opportunity.  I'm so glad we did.  It cleared off for a few hours and we took full advantage of that time.

These boys were awesome!  The only thing I knew about them was that they were 6 and almost 3.  I had planned to just hang out and play for awhile while they got warmed up to me.  But Nicholas and Caleb hopped out of the car jabbering away with their smiles on :)








Their outfits made for wonderfully colorful pictures!  I wonder who the first photographer was that said people should stay away from bright, bold and patterned clothing for pictures.  They were crazy!  How boring would pictures be if everyone abided by that rule.



I had an absolute blast hanging out with this family!  
Thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your day and just being yourselves!

3 comments:

LindaAlex June 14, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

These are great! I too love the colors. My very favorite is the family walking hand in hand with the big brother tugging on his mommy's hand and the little brother at the end of the line. It tells a great story. Nice work, Ashley!

Becky Bartlett June 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Hi, STEPH!!! (Ashley, I lived across the hall from Stephanie in college These pictures are GREAT!! So glad you got to meet them- and super fun to see her family on here!) Steph- if you read this comment, email me... or get my email address from Ashley. :) I lost a bunch of stuff when our computer crashed... let's be in touch!

Katie M June 16, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

These are great! I'm finally blogging!! How do you get pictures on here?! Ive been trying for a few hours and I can't get anything to show up!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP