Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

This is my family!  Every year my mom's side has a family reunion on the 4th of July.  We take this picture every year.  Not too long ago, the photo was full of little kids and babies.  But everyone is growing up!  Good thing Izzie girl adds some life to the party!

Colton is the little charmer of our family.  He REALLY likes chocolate chip cookies!



We're pure class :)  But I'm pretty sure everyone hangs out in lawn chairs on the driveway for the 4th of July... right?!


My handsome big brother.


After hanging out with the fam all day, we took Mowgli to play with his cousin Whiskey at Scott's mom's house.  Mowgli had never went for a "true" swim before.  We thought maybe he would follow Whiskey in to the lake to play.
What a pretty puppy!
hmmmm... not so pretty anymore.  He looked more like a drowned rat in the lake!  He actually wasn't so happy about going in to the water.  Travis lowered him in ever so gently and he was a pretty good swimmer, right to the rocks where he clumsily tried to find a way out.  Scott had to direct him up the correct way.  It definitely took him a while to "get it".
The whole day was so much fun, but the highlight for me was the boat ride Scott took us on.  I love being on Clear Lake, it really makes me think of summer days as a kid on the same lake.  We loved hanging out with Scott, Kaley and Whiskey.  We only live 45 minutes away but don't take advantage of it very often.  So it was especially fun to hang out.  Scott is a master at grilling burgers.  I jabbered in Trav's ear on our car-ride home about if he could learn to grill like Scott!  He says we have the wrong kind of grill.... :)
It was such a fun 4th of July and a great weekend. I've felt really burnt out lately. Like I have too much to do, and I can't do all of it well. Weeding my flower gardens was tossed out of the mix about a month ago. Cleaning hasn't been done well in MANY weeks. The laundry goes undone, the dog isn't getting as many walks as I would like and my photo shoots aren't being edited as fast as I want. I needed a catch up day! So I extended my weekend an extra day and took Monday off. I had told Travis I was taking the day off.  He had forgotten till Sunday night rolled around and I reminded him.  He goes, "well why did we spend all day doing the laundry if you've got the day off tomorrow."  HMMM, because I'm not taking my vacation day to do household chores!  It was a great long weekend!  I definitely need more just like it!

3 comments:

Anonymous July 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

i like the last paragraph! Its the truth.... for everyone i think!
Callie.

Unknown July 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Good for you for taking a day off... don't we always dive back into life better after we're well rested? I think by resting regularly we actually accomplish more over time... you keep on taking those special days!! You deserve them :) Laundry is always there the next day :)

Kris Hoskinson July 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

YAH for a day off!!!!!!!!!1

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP