Thursday, July 16, 2009

Classy

I was asked to photograph another large family gathering a couple of weeks ago. In preparation of the photo shoot, I was discussing clothing with a couple of the ladies in the family, Holly and Jess. They told me that they were doing, brown, white, khaki and pink sun-dresses for the girls. I think my mouth started to water, it sounded so delicious and CLASSY!

They certainly did not disappoint :)
That's right, yes we did get a cousin photo with no one crying :)
This shot below was too funny to take.  We had all the kids (who could run) line up together.  We counted to 3 and told them to run towards us (all the adults).  The boys were the only ones to move.  The girls just stood there :)

Possibly my favorite.  I love the little man of the family surrounded by all the feet of his cousins and sisters.
He is well loved :)

I got to photograph Austin (above) very early on in my photography adventures... he holds a special place in my heart!






I always make sure to find out what is most important to the family I'm photographing.  One of the things they wanted were some fun candid shots of the kids playing.  I love doing that!  With 13 grandkids, it was a bit of a challenge to get shots where they weren't all running in different directions, OH, did I mention, 10 of them are under 5 :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Holly for organizing yet another family photograph!

5 comments:

Becky Bartlett July 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Ash- I just love looking at all your shoots. Another great one here! Jess- you have some more amazing shots of your boys again! I love the one with you and the two of them on the sidewalk. :)

Kris Hoskinson July 16, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

these are great pics! my favorite is the one where you told the kids to run....i love the look on jaxon's face...of determination and probably wondering if he won the race? :) love it love it! ashley you are amazing!

Holly July 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Yay! These are so fun! And I agree - I can't believe we got the group shots with no one crying! Can't wait to see how much they've grown by next summer! ;) Thanks again, Ashley!

Unknown July 17, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

Ashley- I just realized I've told everyone else BUT you! I LOVE these pictures. You did a great job snapping your camera to catch fun moments and I'm impressed we even got a no crying shot!! THANK YOU for doing this for us. I just love them and love that you could take them :)

Johnni July 22, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

funny -- you totally took a picture of my cousins in this shoot. small world :) great job by the way.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP