Monday, September 28, 2009

Living History Farms - year 2

This was our second year going to the Living History farms "photography day" in Des Moines.  Last year was great, if you want, you can look at my 2008 pics here.  This year was very different.  We were all a bit more educated with our equipment than last time around and were actually learning fairly simple things about our cameras.  This year, we knew what they did, but I was able to ask some questions about different lenses and post processing to the different professional photographers.









I love being able to shoot at different kinds of locations.  Living History Farms is so unique and I love all the dimension, texture and richness of everything at the farms.

Kate, YOU missed out! :)  Hope you can come next year!

7 comments:

Johnni September 28, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

awesome. my personal favorites are the jar shot and the kitten. the bike is up there. really, they're all great.

Our Life September 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

These are all beautiful shots you captured!!!

Ellen September 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Ashley, this must have been a blast! Were you just running around being like "I want to take pictures of this and this and this and this AND OH LOOK A KITTEN!"? I love it :). That place is beautiful and you captured it even more beautifully.

LindaAlex September 29, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Fantastic, Ash! When I attempted to share my love for photography with you, I don't think it ever entered my mind that you would get so much better than me!! You do a great job and I am so proud of you.

Heather September 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Great photos!! I'm there next year!!

Anonymous October 3, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

AMAZING PHOTOS!!!!! Maybe I will have to buy some so i can put some on my wall!! :)
callie

Unknown October 4, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

These are some of my favorites!! I really liked the kitten and the pasta ones:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP