Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jury Duty Please

I know that YOU know, I had jury duty last month.  BUT.... did you know I got chosen for Jury Duty!  I got to serve on a Jury for 3 days in August :)  For some reason, it seems like most people don't want to get chosen and try to get out of it.  THOSE people probably have something better to do :)  Here are some of the reasons the week I was on jury duty was the best week out of my year:


1.  I had to be there later than 7:30am and go home earlier than 5:00pm
2.  It was very interesting.
3.  They fed me on deliberation day, FOR FREE,  I love free!
4.  You can wear whatever you want
5.  You get a badge
6.  People HAVE to stand when you enter the room
7.  I got paid
8.  They give us lots of breaks and a REALLY long lunch.
9.  I got a free parking pass
10.  I was a work slave to NO ONE!!!

It really was a great week, and I'm hoping I get called back.  SOON.

5 comments:

Unknown September 24, 2009 at 6:09 AM  

Glad you liked it...... Hope you can do it again sometime soon!

T

Becky Bartlett September 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

I was on jury duty a few years ago also and kind of liked it. I was there for 2 1/2 days and then the guy pled the Alford plea, so we were done. It was a shooting case- would have been pretty interesting! I think you won't get called again for a long time now that you've served?? Sorry!

Carrie September 24, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Too funny! Stephen is currently serving a 1 1/2 YEAR term on federal grand jury duty! No Joke! He has to go in the first week of every month (usually it has only been 2-3 days of the week). Other than the fact that he gets behind at work, he kind of likes it too..for many of the same reasons :)

LindaAlex September 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I liked jury duty too, once I resigned myself to being there. I was called for federal jury duty less than a year after I served on a county jury. So there is hope for you. You could be called again!

Kris Hoskinson September 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

i like that you liked jury duty!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP