Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2nd Wedding Anniversary

Well, the honeymoon is over!  I am not blinded by my love for a boy anymore.  I can definitely see him.  I now see all the imperfections and nasty habits of the man I live with.  I hear all the sass in his voice.  I find his toenails in places where I would rather not.  His facial hair is scattered on the bathroom floor.  His underwear on the staircase every morning.  But... I am STILL head over heels, crazy in love with my husband!  

Being married for 2 years might not sound like a big achievement. There are many couples who have been married for much longer and may think, 2 years, that's nothing! BUT, I am so proud, not of the fact that we "made it" to 2 years, but what we've done in that time. Travis and I have learned so much about each other and in what ways we need to be loved and supported. Travis has encouraged me in ways I never imagined while starting my own small business. I have had to work really hard at taking over all household chores and random things included during weeks where he has to work a lot.  This also includes being super patient and not complaining about the time I don't get with him. We've gotten through some tough fights and I'm sure only the first of some money woes.  It's nice to have some of those "firsts" out of the way ;)
I'm really excited about this upcoming year in our lives!  We've learned to work together so much better the past couple of years, and I know we'll only learn more.  Trav and I are leading a small group together this year of high school students.  And I'm so excited at this opportunity to not only serve together but get out of our rut and experience new things.
I'm actually really excited to get to see Travis again.  He's been working insanely crazy hours at his job the past month or so.  He's not a workaholic... he'd much rather be at home, or just doing something else.  But every once in awhile he gives in to the crazy demands of his company.  I miss him tons, but there is plenty to do at home to keep me busy :)  TODAY is actually his first day he's done with his project and I may get a dinner date!
Happy 2nd anniversary to us!

6 comments:

Becky Bartlett October 6, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple... your wedding pictures are so beautiful! Here's to many more amazing years to come.

Johnni October 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

yay -- that was such a fun day. I can't believe how fast the 2 years has gone!!

Anonymous October 6, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

wow!!! 2 yrs!!! can't believe it!! I remember it being actually HOT that day!!!! hiking through the woods in our dresses for pictures! And look out the window today! Its cool windy and rainy!
callie

Anonymous October 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Happy Anniversary!!! Love you both!
Love, MOM

Heather October 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Happy Anniversary! Isn't being in love such a wonderful feeling! What a blessing!!

Kris Hoskinson October 6, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

happy anniversary!! don't let me forget to tell you a toenail/fingernail story sometime. :) ha ha

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP