Friday, October 23, 2009

Old Friend

Who remembers that song... "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold."  ?  Please don't say it's just me that knows this song!!!  I made a random comment about it a few weeks ago in our high school small group and the kids just looked at me blankly.  I even had to SING it for them.  And still, NOTHING.  Then I looked at my husband who is older than me and should clearly know this little song.  Again, a blank look.


ANYWAY..... :) The "P" family scheduled a family photo session not only to get some fall pics, but also to remember their old friend, and family dog Abby.
 Is it only me that loves all the dead grass/ weeds this time of year?! I love the soft color it has and I especially love it as a backdrop for these beautiful blondies!


I just really loved these kids. I wish I had more time to photograph them individually... maybe next time :)

These last two photos are SO not the norm for me. No cute kids, no kissing couples, no sleepy babies, but I really enjoy creating photos that I know this family will cherish for a long time. Before we got Mowgli, I can say I was not a dog person. But now, I can truly appreciate and understand the bond people can share with animals.

The past few weeks I've worked pretty hard at getting family and children's sessions shot and edited. My next mission is to stay healthy in this crazy flu epidemic to photograph some newborns. CAN'T WAIT!

6 comments:

Anonymous October 23, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Great pics..... btw I didn't even know that song when you sang it....

T

Ross October 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

I've got your back on this one, Ash. Yes, I remember that song--I can even sing it!! :) Let us know when you get healthy so you can photograph Sage. :) ~Amber

Matt and Lauren October 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Hi Ashley!

I don't think we've met, but Amber always talks about your amazing photos...so I check out your blog sometime.

The song you're referring to is a Girl Scout song, I believe...hence the reason the men may not know it! :)

I can't wait to see the pics you take of Sage!!

Lauren

LindaAlex October 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Ash, it is an old girl scout song. Even though you weren't a scout, I learned it when I was a girl scout. Uncle Dan will love the picture of the dogs and guy in camo...great shot! Gorgeous kids and nice family images.

Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Of course I remember that song, it was on the tape (Wee Sing in Sillyville) your mother baught for Drew when he broke his leg. I think we watched it a thousand times!! I love looking at your blog to view your wonderful photography. You do a great job, you're very talented!
Aunt Sandi

Anonymous November 5, 2009 at 4:41 AM  

funny thing...JASON works with this GUY!!!
Callie

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP