Tuesday, April 13, 2010

sleepy boy (Waterloo/ Cedar Falls newborn photographer)

I had the most wonderful session with baby Noah and his family on Saturday! I spent around 2 hours in his home and only heard him squeak once or twice. He slept so peacefully and was just perfect for me! Every newborn is different and I'm never sure what to expect when I walk in the front door. I ALWAYS do newborn sessions right in baby's home! I have done a couple of sessions at a grandparent's home or a close friends when the family lived out of town.
Color or Black and White??? I love both... just not sure which I like best :)





Don't you LOVE those rolls!?
I really love photographing on hardwood floors! So I get pretty excited when they are in my "studio" for the day. It can sometimes be challenging being an on-location photographer. It is also really rewarding to discover new setups on the spot and make a studio out of each place I photograph. We weren't sure if Noah would actually fit in the little wagon. But mom laid him down and seemed to snuggle right in.

Yay for newborn shoots! It's no secret I love them :) They are the hardest session I do, but the most rewarding. They will never be this tiny again, and I'm honored to be the one to capture them so early.

10 comments:

Laura Hand April 13, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Love the photos Ashley! I think my favorite so far is the one of John holding him. I love that Noah is grabbing his finger.

Heather April 13, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Love them also! I vote black and white on the close up. My favorite is also the one where Daddy is holding him!

Aunt Linda April 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

What a great job! Love the pictures -- can't wait to see the rest of them.

Beth April 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

These Pictures are amazing, great job!

Unknown April 13, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

The picture of John and Noah is simply too beautiful for words - his face says it all. Prize winning photo, that one is! I vote B&W on the one picture. What a great job of photographing Noah in all his glory!!!

triciaburkhardt April 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Beautiful, beautiful images! Great job! Laura and John (and Noah) will cherish them for ever!

Anonymous April 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Awesome photos once again!!! I can't wait to meet Baby Noah.
-Kami

Anonymous April 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

I love the baby photos! They are all so neat. You do a wonderful job. I loved the one with the bunny and baby Noah is smiling, so priceless!!!!!

Keli

Barb Hand April 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Ashley-Thanks for sharing ...Your website is great.

Anonymous April 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Ashley, Taking a moment in time and creating an impression that will lead to a life time memory is truly a creative form of art. Seeing John and Noah reminds me of when I held John when he was little and you are filled with the amazment of what a wonder these little babies are. John and Laura are wonderful parents and Barb and I cherish our little Carter and Noah above all things. Thanks for such great photos that capture the little personalities that they are.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP