Monday, April 12, 2010

Up on the wall

I think most people know, but if you don't, I offer photos (digital files) of your choice on a CD for you to keep. This is one of the most requested things when people book a session, "I want the CD!" It is a wonderful way to get to hold on to those photographs long term and not be tied down to a 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 etc. HOWEVER, the pitfall is, because you have those images on your computer, you don't do anything with them. YIKES!

I wanted to show one of the spots in my home where I took my own advice. I put this little collage/ gallery space up in my living room this past winter. I wanted to be able to switch photos in and out as our lives change, so I ordered 5 photos at a 12" x 12" size to hang on the wall. The "frameless" frames are from somewhere random online. I can't remember exactly where. I used 3 shelves I already had and a bunch of mismatch frames I had too.
sorry this photo is so weird! I was having the hardest time taking a single image without window glare over all the glass. Which by the way is also a bonus to ordering canvas gallery wraps. NO GLASS = NO GLARE!


I hope you remember the last canvas I posted here of Addelyn. One of the things I talked about was how the image wraps all the way around the edge of the canvas frame. Well, something I wanted to explain was that might not always be the best option for your favorite photo.
I was in love with these little beauties immediatly when they were dropped off. Mom chose these two images to go side by side for a collage on her wall. The one of the left, with the bow, could have been wrapped around the edge. However, the image on the right where big sister is holding baby wouldn't have worked. You can't wrap a face around an edge. Well, you could, but it wouldn't look good, and I probably would never order it that way. If everything you love about your favorite photo goes completely to the edge then I recommend getting a white or black border on the frame's edge.
We thought black would compliment both of the images on the frame, and it looked AWESOME! So I just wanted to show another option on the products you can choose to receive.

Whatever you do, don't leave your files on that CD!

1 comments:

Amy April 12, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

ooooh. i LOVE the canvas prints!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP