Friday, April 23, 2010

These three (Waterloo/ Cedar Falls children photographer)



Have you ever seen 3 cuter little ones? These are the photos that almost didn't happen! We had to reschedule once due to some timing issues. Ella had a fever the night before and when I walked into the house 2 out of 3 children were having a meltdown of some sort :)


The absolute only way we got wonderful images is because of MOM! I love having sessions with Carrie, because even though kids are screaming, toppling over, clinging to her or running in the opposite direction, she is able to stay calm and keep her cool. She wants to capture her kids for who they are, and sometimes, that may mean not the perfect smiley posed photo, but it's who they are!
When we were picking out clothes before starting to shoot I was almost giggling because the colors and layers were SO awesome!
This particular shoot was officially to celebrate Grady and Ella turning 2. However, Mikah is too cute to leave out. She somehow snuck into several shots! In this photo above, Ella is actually yelling to Mikah to take the flower! Mikah never did and eventually Ella gave up to go find more fun.
Grady was my little buddy this day! He let me carry him from site to site and jabbered in my ear about waterfalls. He was quite the little explorer! Walking through all the grass and weeds and climbing on stumps. I'm afraid miss Ella was a bit out of her element. She's more of a city girl and was a bit nervous at the uneven ground.

We ended our time together with some well deserved candy! Those photos are actually pretty funny. I may have to post just a couple next week :) I'm a little surprised with myself for not posting any black and whites this time! There are a few that I just know will be knock-outs, but the colors were awesome, and their eyes were so blue, I couldn't bring myself to do it for their blog post!

32 comments:

Becky Bartlett April 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

Another beautiful shoot of some beautiful kids! Carrie- I can't believe how big they're getting! :)

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

I love these pictures!! These are my grandbabies and I am so excited to see the adorable pictures of them. From Nana

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

These pics are awesome. They so reflect their personalities and, someday their lives!

How awesome!

Love,
Aunt (great aunt) Marilyn

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

These are amazing! Ashley does such a great job!! The kids are so adorable!
Angie

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Priceless photos of 3 very sweet kids! Love 'em all!!

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Wow! They have the most beautiful blue eyes!

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

I love how you captured the whimsical nature of these kiddos. Beautiful photos!

Anonymous April 23, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Three of the most beautiful children! The pictures are so awesome ~ they make the kids seem to come to life right off the page!

Unknown April 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

What great shots. They are wonderful kids, how great to see their personalities shine through.

David and Marianne April 24, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Beautiful!! Great pics!

Mara April 24, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

Beautiful! Makes us really miss you guys!

Unknown April 27, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

I like Grady leaning sideways the best of all these beautiful pictures.

Unknown April 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

These are all great photos, just as we've come to expect from Ashley's photos. I like the one with Grady leaning into the picture the best.

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

I love the one of the twins holding hands! But all of them are wonderful! -Leslie

Deb April 29, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

These pictures are soooo adorable!!! I love the colors and I love the poses!! Precious!!

Love, (great aunt) Deb

Jennifer April 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Those are precious pictures! The kids are getting so big.

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Carrie, I know I am partial because I am grandpa, but these pictures are super. Dad

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Gorgeous pictures!

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Love the pics! Hopefully Lola and I will get to see you soon! - Sara

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Ashley, You do such an amazing job cappturing the personalities of these kids! Great photos! and I agree they are adorible! - Melissa

Carrie April 29, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

I love them, Ashley! THANKS :) It's been a crazy week, so I haven't even begun to pick my faves yet, but it won't be easy!

Lisa Andreasen April 29, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

I absolutely love the pics! The first one of Ella is absolutely amazing! It looks like it should be in a magazine.

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

I like the serious one of the E&G holding hands. That's a keeper for life. -SDM

Becky Bardgett April 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Absolutely stunning pictures! Your children are so beautiful and to capture them on film just being themselves forms memories you'll treasure forever!

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Very Cute

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Ashley-- Thanks for doing such a great job with the pictures of my grandchildren. Can't wait for them to be on my wall at home! Grandma G

shane and jackee April 29, 2010 at 4:19 PM  

Great pics! Love them! :)

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Wonderful pictures! Your kids are so photogenic!

Anonymous April 29, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Awwww...soooo cute!!!

Christina's little blog spot! April 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Love them all!!!!!

Anonymous April 30, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Beautiful. You have great talent and an eye for capturing personalities.

fam4ever April 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

These are some awesome pictures!!! I will have to keep this girl in mind!! The kids' eyes just "pop" in all these!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP