Monday, March 7, 2011

a special baptism

Someone was baptized this February!


"Who me?"
Our little baby niece was Baptized on February 13th and Travis and I were honored to stand up with her as godparents!



Look at that sweet little face. What a punkin!

Even though he doesn't look like it, Travis was happy :)



We had a great day celebrating Alexis' baptism. The night before the service, we met with the pastor and discussed what we are promising when both the parents and godparents present Alexis to be baptized. It was a fairly interesting discussion, and I left really thinking about what I am promising.

I'm saying that I will help to teach Alexis about Jesus. It's a pretty big job and makes sense that because it is such a big deal, it's reinforced by more than just her parents. A personal relationship with God is really important to me and I depend on that every second of my day. I'm excited to get to talk to Lexi about how God isn't just someone she talks about on Sunday morning, but she can talk to Him all the time. She doesn't understand my words right now, but I can practice today :)

1 comments:

Johnni March 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

beautiful! ash, I was thrilled to see you made another appearance :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP