Thursday, April 7, 2011

Charity Ball 2011

Whenever I post pictures of myself, I get more comments from friends saying they are glad to see my appearance on my blog once in a while. Well, you don't see me to often on here because I don't really DO that much. My life is kinda boring and I don't have too many reasons to show up in pictures.


Except this weekend I did something :) Travis and I attended Junior League's 2011 Charity Ball on Saturday night. I joined Junior League in the fall. I was excited to get involved in the community and meet some women. It's an organization built around women and volunteerism. I've really enjoyed being a part of this group this past year. These woman do a great job raising funds and are constantly trying to make the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area a better place.

I am thrilled at the friendships I've made from this group in such a short amount of time. I've heard a lot of correlations between the group and a sorority. I can see it :) The year you join, you're part of the "new member" class. I have really gotten to know the new member women lately. They are ladies I enjoy spending time with and could definitely see growing friendships.

Travis bucked up and went to the annual fundraiser this weekend with me. I wore a dress I bought CHEAP (my style) in college. A good friend of mine came over and did my hair for me. I don't know how to do my own hair on a day to day basis, so I sure couldn't master a dressier hairdo. I had a fun time getting dolled up and spending a night out. If you're a woman and thinking of a way to do some good in our community, I would recommend this organization. Plus, we usually go out and get drinks after our meetings!

6 comments:

Becky Bartlett April 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

You guys look beautiful!! What fun!

Andrea April 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Lovely picture! You both look great :)

Staci April 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

I've often thought about joining. Do you have info on it?

Johnni April 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

wahoo! who did your hair? you look great, ash :)

Anonymous April 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

You both look great!!! Ashley, your dress and hair were beautiful! Glad to hear you had fun. You deserve it! :)

Angelina Lingua

Anonymous April 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

You both look great!!! LOVE YOUR HAIR ASH!
callie

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP