Friday, June 3, 2011

Randy

Today, my family will celebrate the life of someone who meant a lot to me. Randy was my mom's cousin. That label sounds pretty distant, I know. He was much more like an uncle to me. As one of my mom's best friends, I saw him a lot growing up. He made everyone feel pretty special and like they were his favorite :) At every family gathering, I'd say he was one of the highlights! We will all miss him so so much.


It's so sad that his life was cut dramatically short. He meant a lot to a lot of people and had some quite amazing accomplishments. There has been many articles written about him both from his home town of Clear Lake and the Theatre community in NYC:

Randy passed away from complications to Carbon Monoxide poisoning. I'm pretty sure we have a carbon monoxide detector somewhere. But I went out and bought another anyway. It's horribly scary to think that a leaking stove could do this much damage. I thought it fitting to put some information up about Carbon Monoxide poisoning so we can all be a little safer:

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett June 3, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

So sorry, Ashley... very very sad. :(

Julie Ulven June 7, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

Oh, so sad. That carbon monoxide is a sneaky scary thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

Andrea June 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

How very sad! Thanks for posting about carbon monoxide. I reminded me to go down and test ours!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP