Friday, August 12, 2011

Halfway there


We are halfway there to meeting our baby BOY! Travis and I were both pretty shocked to find out "it" is a he. I know Travis would have been very happy having a daughter, but he is pretty darn thrilled he will have a son. It took me a few days for the news to sink in, I am beyond excited about having a little boy. My first thoughts were, what will I do with a boy? I just love dreaming about him and praying that I will do a good job in raising a Man of God! What a privilege we have been given.

I'm so excited to have hit this 20 week milestone. Right around week 17 I thought I felt some movement but wasn't sure. This week the kicks have gotten stronger and happen more often. I absolutely love feeling this little guy moving around inside of me. It is such an incredible experience. Most of the pokes have been happening pretty low, and the ultrasound technician confirmed that he's curled up low in my pelvis :) I also found it comical that his head is buried into the placenta like he's using it for a pillow!

A friend helped me paint the room last week. I'll show some photos when it's all done and put together. The wall color is a light blue with a hint of teal to it. I thought it would be fun to use some of the left over paint to write "BOY" in the photograph at the top of the post. My wonderful husband took that image of my belly tonight to mark the milestone. Right around week 17 I really popped. I'm sure there will be many more of those growth spurts to come :)

I couldn't be more thankful for the little miracle being knit together inside me.

9 comments:

LindaAlex August 12, 2011 at 7:07 AM  

Love this and LOVE HIM!!

Unknown August 12, 2011 at 8:32 AM  

whoo-hoo! congrats... boys are fun :)

Hayley Mae August 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Congratulations!!! I haven't been keeping up with reading blogs very well lately and just saw this post! Looks like we are due the same time (I'm 20 weeks) and I also took a pic (well, more like a photo shoot!!) of my EPT! hehe :)

Life of the Lorenzens August 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

Congratulations--so excited for you!

Andrea August 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Aww, this is wonderful news. Boys are SO much fun!!! Can't wait to see you and the belly in person soon!

Kris Hoskinson August 12, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

soooooooooo awesome! excited for you guys

Kim August 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

I love this picture and I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous August 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats Ashley, Travis and Mowgly!!! That is great news. Hope you are feeling well. Your picture on your post is beautiful. :) Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Angelina, Nick, Aliviah & Fonzy

Amy August 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

ash!!!! i'm so SO happy for you and travis! he's such a blessed little guy already, to have you for his mommy. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP