Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Star of the show

I promise you I did nothing to those eyes but my typical eye POP edits. That is Mieke's natural eye color and sparkle. Her mom says the turquoise really comes out in the natural light. I really gravitated towards her close-ups when picking out a few of my favorites because of those eyes!



I think profile shots of little kids are too precious.

Last year Mieke was not very interested in me or my camera. But this year as she is turning 5, she was all about posing and showing me her ideas. I loved it. It was really fun to see what her thoughts were and watch her "turn it on" for the lens.

...that is until she had to share the spotlight with mom and dad. Oh gosh, she was funny. Mieke really liked being the star :)


Summer photos are definitely starting to look more like fall. We had such a warm night for Mieke and her family's session. I love seeing them and love that they don't mind seeing just how UNglamorous a photographer looks when working with children :)

Happy 5 years Mieke!

11 comments:

Julie Ulven October 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM  

Wow! Beautiful and so fun of Mieke. Can't wait to see the rest. It will be hard to choose. Thank you.

Sarah Craft October 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Love the photos! Gorgeous pics of a gorgeous family!

Liz October 4, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

Good Lord! My baby is growing up :D Love you Mieks.

Sara October 4, 2011 at 4:04 PM  

Love the photos!!! She's definitely a natural in front of the camera... or maybe a ham???? Thanks so much for sharing!

Donna October 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

I love the one of Julie and Mieke!

Becky Bartlett October 5, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

These are soooo good! You all look so beautiful. Mieke's eyes are definitely amazing.

AMOM October 6, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Thanks for sharing. You all looked like you had a great time! Love the close ups :)

Anonymous October 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

What a beautiful child and family. What a natural beauty!!

Heather's Henhouse October 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

These are great photo's... great family but also great photographer. Nice work!

Lisa October 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM  

Beautiful pictures! You guys look great!

Life of the Lorenzens October 7, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

Beautiful pictures as usual--so fun when I know the subject! I especially love the one of Julie & Mieke together. :o)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP