Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cloth Diapers!

I moved Lincoln into his stash of cloth diapers when he turned 6 weeks old (he's now 9 weeks). They are a bit big on him, but I was amazed that they didn't look more ridiculous. He seems to be growing like crazy these days. I weighed him a couple of weeks ago and he was already 11 pounds!


A lot of people have asked how our cloth diapers are going. I love them way more than I thought I would. We purchased Bum Genius Elementals. They are an all in one diaper, so no inserts or anything we have to assemble. We just toss them in the washing machine and then dry them. Easy Peasy. I ordered a variety of colors and it's so fun to pick out which color he should wear next.

The two big reasons I wanted to go for cloth were the cost and I believe they are healthier for our baby. In the first 6 weeks we were constantly buying disposable diapers. We probably spent around $150.00 just in the early weeks. I'm super excited at how much money we'll save. The hope is these diapers will last and be used for multiple children too. Also, my poor little baby had a diaper rash almost every day he was in a disposable. Since starting our cloth, it's completely cleared up. YAY. Before I even got pregnant, I didn't like the idea of all the chemicals in disposables on our sweet baby's most sensitive areas. I love that he just has cotton against his skin now with our new diapers. Lincoln seems to have pretty sensitive skin, so I'm really glad we're going the cloth route.

Plus, doesn't he look adorable?!

3 comments:

sandi February 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM  

He does look adorable, good for you! Ashley, you're a great mommy!

b+k February 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM  

adorable AND precious :) love it!

Kali February 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

LOVE! We use those too. If you haven't discovered the Lusa Booty Balm (safe for cloth diapers), it is a God send should any redness of any kind flare up. It's all natural and smells wonderful!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP