Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lincoln is 6 months old


I wanted to post Lincoln's monthly photos!  Isn't he handsome?  He is 6 months old and still giving this Mama a run for her money.  He is pretty opinionated, which is funny because the first 3-4 months he just slept and rarely made a peep.  Maybe he's making up for lost time :)  At his 6 month appointment with the pediatrician, she made the comment that he is really intense.  That's a great way to describe him.  When he is happy, he's all out.  Then when he's mad, everyone knows it.  We also found out he is in the 50% (ish) for weight and 80% (ish) for height. I could go upstairs to find the exact numbers, but Lincoln is sleeping... and he takes 30 minute naps.  I don't dare waste time!  I just recently draped some dark blankets over his windows in hopes that will work.  It looks pretty less than snazzy, but worth a try for some more sleep.

He's been wearing either 9 or 12 month clothing, and I don't dare buy anything that isn't 18 months or larger.  He grows so fast.  There was a time when he would wear a pair of jammies for a few weeks, but now he's been able to stay in them for a couple of months which is nice.

Lincoln knows how to sit up, but chooses to fall over most of the time.  He has a couple of friends who are the same age.  When we sit them up across from each other, he's so intrigued that he will sit really well for long periods of time.  We probably need more play dates so he can practice.

A couple of days ago he was chewing on my finger and I felt something really sharp in his mouth.  I can barely see a white spec, but there is a bit of a first tooth there!  WOW, that little thing is already super sharp.

He is learning so much so fast lately.  I love watching him figure new things out all the time.  He has a great full gummy smiles, but my favorite is this sweet quite grin he gives me.  I almost tear up just thinking about it.  Lately, as I rock him to put him down for a nap or in the middle of the night I think about how this is such a short time in his life.  I'm trying to not get frustrated by my lack of sleep or his desire to be with his mommy so much.  It's a phase, and a very short one.  I just hold him a little tighter and know that in a year or two's time, he probably won't want to be held like this.  Lincoln is the greatest gift ever.


3 comments:

Amber June 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM  

Ditto. I know exactly how you feel! We're trying sheets over the blinds right now as well... :) Ouch--good luck with the teeth!! He's such a cutie... and being a Mama's boy isn't so bad! :) :)

Becky Bartlett June 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM  

Love seeing the monthly progression!! :) Six months went fast!

Kris Hoskinson June 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

what a great post. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP