Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sweet Potatoes


Lincoln had his very first pureed food today!  I know I was supposed to wait until he's 6 months old which is over a week away, but he is showing all the signs of being ready.  Yesterday I bought an organic sweet potato, avocado and banana to make his first foods. I'm a little surprised how much fun I had making everything.  It was really easy and I feel pretty darn proud of myself :)  I mixed with some pumped breast-milk to the consistency I thought seemed right... I honestly wasn't sure what I was doing.

It was really fun to watch Lincoln experience this "first".  He gobbled it all down and didn't hesitate.  He's been watching us very closely while we eat lately and smacking his lips.  He knew just what to do.  I froze ice cube sized portions and thawed one for tonight.  He ate the whole thing and I know would have had more.  Only after did Travis and I look up that the recommended first taste should be 1 or 2 teaspoons.  Oops, I guess another reason I am not getting mom of the year.  That, and I decided to skip the cereal all together.

We're a bit interested to see what his poo will look like tomorrow!





4 comments:

Becky Bartlett June 4, 2012 at 10:09 PM  

Looks yummy!! :)

Kris Hoskinson June 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

so cute!

The Schilling's June 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM  

Yum Yum Sweet potatoes!! Great job!

Andrea June 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM  

OH my goodness that 2nd to last photo is SO stinkin' cute! Good job on making your own foods! If you ever need any ideas or tips email me. I made all of Colin's food. I actually really had fun making it as well :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP