Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WINNER WINNER

Mowgli was in his 3rd Dog Show last weekend.  Everyone asks us if he has to be trained for these.  Not really.  Cheryl (in the green) picks him up, typically on Friday, and brings him back on Sunday.  We're not sure how much she works with him on these weekends, but he hasn't had any formal obedience or training classes.  


He's not too great on "standing" (above)  although this picture is PERFECTION!  What he IS a natural at, is his walk/ run around the ring (below).  He always has his ears and tail up.
Mowgli got second in all the Herder puppies ages 9-12 months.
So... He won... something! :)  It was called Best of Opposites.  Something like... the girl dog who is technically called something I don't feel like I should say on the blog. (I giggle almost every time I hear it at the show, which is maybe 57 times :)  Anyway, she won, but Mowgli was the best boy, at least that's kind of how it goes :)  He got his picture taken and I was asked if I wanted to join in the  picture... sure WHY NOT!? :)  This picture was snapped only seconds after Mowgli fell off the stand.  

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett April 22, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Way to go, Mowgli!! (thanks for taking such god care of Boaz on Sunday, ashley!!)

Amy April 22, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

okay, Mowgli is the most beautiful dog. he's grown up so much since the last time i saw him!!!

Tammy L. April 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Ashley...
I think it is so GREAT that you are learning about dog shows in a 'round about way! Cheryl is LUCKY that Mowgli stacks (stands) so well. I worked with Sadie for months last year before I showed her in the conformation ring...and well...she didn't exactly stack nicely in the ring. When I showed Sadie in the 6-9 month puppy class my three goals were (1) that she wouldn't roll over for a belly rub, (2) that she wouldn't jump up on the judge, and (3) that she wouldn't lick the judge's face during the examination!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP