Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day

A good blogger would have given her mother an appropriate Mother's Day blog post last Saturday, Sunday, or maybe Monday.  I don't think my mom was too offended :)  It was a really great weekend because Trav and I got to spend time with both our families.  On Saturday we were over at Trav's sister's, Callie's and their whole family got together for a grill-out.  Jason made some super yummy pork burgers... I had never heard of them, but we put barbecue sauce on them... very tasty :)  I don't have any photos of that because the Schrage family doesn't respond too well to cameras pointed at them!


Sunday my mom and Dale came to town.  We did cheeseburgers and geochaching!  That activity is actually becoming a regular in our family.  We were bummed Jay couldn't be there with his girlfriend.  It's been pretty tough to get us all together lately!

Here is our day through a few photos of Mowgli.  I do have more pictures with people in them, I just think Mowgli looks better than I do climbing up a hill :)
While we were geocaching, Mowgli was running around and going down to the river.  He had never actually went swimming before.  He's had a few encounters with water, but normally he will turn back if his belly touches.  This day, these geese kept honking at him.  We think they were teasing him because they knew they could get away and he probably wasn't going to go any further.  Mowgli would run down the side of the river, and they'd follow him.
Finally, after Travis saying "get um" Mowgli went in and had his first real experience swimming.  He wasn't out too long, just enough to turn a couple of circles before coming back.
Needless to say we wrapped up our Mother's Day with a bath for the puppy.  It was his very first outdoor bath.  He really wasn't a fan.  The neighbor kids wanted to help, so that made it go a bit faster.
Poor puppy!  He probably would have been more sad if we wouldn't have bathed him and he had to stay outside due to the smelly river being all over him!
Hopefully you had a great Mother's Day too! 

1 comments:

amwz photography May 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

ok/... instead of scribbling on each other's blogs we need to change emails :) lol!
I have a Canon 40d, a few lenses and just got a speedlight... trying to learn taht :)
I have been photographing more seriously since my #1 kiddo was born- almost 9 years ago. I just kept plugging away at it and now am into it even more seriously... an obsession! lol!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP