Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Say Cheese"

I think most kids have been told to "say cheese" before.  When I got to her house, Ella was giving me all those fake cheesy smiles.  Daddy to the rescue!  The shot below was taken while Ella was watching her Dad do cartwheels behind me.  These natural smiles are by far much better, don't you think?  I know I mentioned in a post below how much I love seeing what parents will do for great smiles from little ones, but I REALLY mean it.  I definitely should have turned around to see this sight!




Ella with her puppy Nahla :)   Nahla actually just had her 1st birthday!  She was a very good listener.  At one point she was in the front yard and the neighbors came out with their dog.  You could tell she really wanted to go over there.  She did that thing where her body stays put but she's stretching her neck out an extra foot.  OK, so Nahla eventually ran over, but no one is perfect :)  Mowgli would have been over there before I could turn around.

And then the melt-down came...  It actually made for a pretty cute picture, so I didn't mind!  I really want my photo shoots to be fun for everyone, but sometimes it's a lot to have a camera pointed at you AND you have to listen to your parents.  I never want parent's to feel bad or embarrassed if a kid does have a tantrum.  Actually, I kind of expect it, and it's not really uncommon... I mean, they are KIDS!



I'm not sure a 3 year old can get any prettier!  AND smart!  She is so articulate, well spoken and has her own opinions and ideas of what sound fun!  Matt and Danielle... thank you so much for inviting me to spend time with your family.  I had so much fun with all of you!

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett May 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Very cute pictures of little Ella... what a great girl. :)

Ella's mom May 20, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Very cute. Thank you for sharing these.

Anonymous May 20, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

i love these pictures- especially of ella and nahla! and the one on the swing:)
-Emily

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP