Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quarter Life

I am 25 years old! My birthday was yesterday, May 20th. This birthday felt a bit different from all the rest.  It's the first birthday where I felt "old".  NOW... I know many of my readers are older than me.  I'm not saying YOU'RE old! :)  But I feel like it's the end of being "a kid".  I think technically I became an adult at 18...

My mom has always taken a picture of me on my birthday.  It would have been fun to go through and grab some of me growing up.  Maybe next time!  Last year my mom told Travis that he should take a picture of me since she couldn't be there (attached at the very bottom).  He obviously did.  Last spring I was interested in gardening, this  year, it's photography!  I had got my camera out to get a photo of Mowgli with the left over peanut butter jar :)
And Travis grabbed some of me!  I think anyone can look at pictures of themselves and think negative thoughts.  Whether it's weight, hair or whatever... (this time for me it was my arms:)  But I know I'll look back on these pictures later and think, MAN I looked good. (right Em?)
This year's BASH got started Tuesday night hanging out with a couple girlfriends of mine.  
We had an awesome time.  We got pablos and margarita mix and went back to my friend Mollie's to enjoy time outside!  If you know me, you may know my bedtime is 9:00PM.  So it may shock you to know I stayed out until 10 !  It was so much fun talking and laughing all night.  
I went to work on my actual birthday... so that was pretty much like any other day.  Travis and I went to Brown Bottle at night and I was greeted by several little surprises around the house by Trav and one red bean bag (for infant photography) from my mom that was delivered by her/ our friend Linda! :)  THANKS LINDA!  I got several nice cards, a bit of cash, and wonderful messages throughout the day from friends and family!

My cousin Kaley and I still exchange gifts sometimes and she gave me a purse for my birthday!  I'm not a "purse person", meaning I don't have a lot of them, I don't shop for them often, and when I do, I buy the cheapest one and it's generally not very fashionable.  So I would like to think this is my FIRST fashionable purse!  I know it's awesome because the very first day I had it I got 2 compliments from 2 friends who are awesomely up on the times with what looks good.  Thanks cousin!

And last years picture :)  I do love that this year we have much nicer cameras!

5 comments:

Becky Bartlett May 21, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Happy Birthday, Old Fart! :) Glad you had a good day celebrating. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff!

Kris Hoskinson May 22, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

awww sounds like you had a great birthday!!! :) i can't wait to see this purse!

Unknown May 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Happy Birthday to you!!! And I'm excited to see this purse too :) Great pics of Ella too... so precious. By the way, I buy Hansen's milk at the Hansen's Outlet store next to Conoco in CF, on Waterloo Rd. Right across from Mulligans... get a moo-roo card and get 10% off each time you buy products. their ice cream is super yummy too... strawberry from the freezer is yummy!

I think you're taking our Brody family pics soon... I'm WAY excited!!!

Kaley June 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

So glad you are enjoying the purse! Love you cousin!

Anonymous June 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

i loved your birthday party
-girlfriend emily

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP