Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SO hot!

"The Boat" (also known as the '99 Chrysler Concord) is dying.  The car certainly wasn't NEW when I bought it and have had regular maintenance or fixes on it in the past.  But it seems like the amount of things going wrong had steadily increased in the past year.  I haven't cared too much until now.  Until the weather has turned against me and it became very hot.  I photographed a wedding on Saturday.  It was a beautiful wedding held outside on the UNI campus.  A little cloud cover would have been nice though.  I was looking forward to sitting down in my car on the way to the reception until I remembered it would also be a hot ride over.  The air conditioning in my car hasn't been reliable for a few years.  Last year it was fixed, but this year we aren't sure it's worth it.  We've been thinking about getting a different vehicle for me for a while but these hot days will be the push I've needed!


We haven't made a final decision, but test drove a Toyota Rav4 this weekend and were pretty impressed.  I had narrowed it down to a few different vehicles in the small SUV/ crossover category by the top gas mileage numbers and we found this one on a car lot near by.  It's no hybrid, but has pretty good numbers.  We also really like this size.  Both Travis and I have cars, and on more than one occasion have wished for a larger back for hauling/ moving misc. things.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks you'll find a blog post with the car we end up getting!  I have a feeling it's only going to get hotter :)

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett June 23, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Fun stuff! I have another photographer friend that got a small SUV to haul stuff and loves it! :) The Rav4 looks like fun... you'll look great in it! :)

Anonymous June 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Have you tried the Chevy Traverse? I have only seen them. They look like an SUV but get the mileage of a van!! check it out!
Callie

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP