Monday, July 20, 2009

Chris & Brie are married!

Oh wow, what to say... (you are probably thinking, I don't care, I come for the pictures :) But this was a really incredible day for me. I went to elementary school with Brie a long long time ago and as kids grow up, they drift apart. But Brie and I reconnected last summer over facebook when I sent her a congratulatory note on her engagement. When she asked me to photograph her wedding, I wasn't really sure I wanted to take such a large commitment on, but somehow she convinced me when she told me it was going to be an outdoor wedding on UNI's campus.  I was really excited to get to capture all the moments a wedding day holds.

I know so many people have been anxiously awaiting these, so here is a sample of their day from start to finish!





When I photographed Brie and Chris' engagement pictures last summer, we took one under this 23rd Street Market sign and it ended up being one of their favorites.  We decided to do a little recreation of the moment in wedding attire!

BEAUTIFUL BRIE !!!
And Chris really is an outstanding guy! :)  I loved getting to know him.


3 brothers... but I think their identical smiles give them away...



This is Brie and her little brother... only not so little anymore!  I sort of MADE him do this, he'll be glad someday.



Just moments before walking down the aisle...





I LOVE the maid of honor, Lisa's expression in this one! :)

Brie and her wedding party stopped at "the hill" for a drink before the reception.



Brie's father daughter dance with her dad may have been my most favorite part of the day.   I got a bit choked up and caught up in the moment :)

Brie and Chris:  Thank you so much for trusting me to capture the images of your wedding day!  The whole day turned out wonderful and we have so many more pictures to show it.  Your CD should be in the mail in the next couple of days!!!

3 comments:

Unknown July 20, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Ashley, as the father of the bride, I am very impressed with these pictures. If the rest are close to these in quality, you did a wonderful job.
Craig

Katie M July 20, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

These pictures are fantastic :) I always knew you could do weddings! I miss seeing you!!!

Stephanie July 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Ashley, you are so creative! I love the picture of the bride laying down and the picture of the bride and groom in the foreground with the wedding party in the background. What neat ideas.

Stephanie Stocks

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP