Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Queen of Leftovers

I am the Queen of Leftovers!


Sometimes I make the most delicious thing (or we go out to eat at Toyko!) and the next day I warm my ever so wonderful dinner from the night before in our really dirty microwave for exactly 2 minutes, stirring about half way through.

Then there are the more often times where I eat left overs out of pure obligation.  I really hate throwing away food.  It's not so much of a moral obligation, thinking about starving kids out there.  I'm just THAT cheap.  I sort of consider it a free meal.  Did you know me in college?  I would show up to any meeting or cause for a free couple pieces of pizza(or a t-shirt).  I'm not actually poor, though sometimes I think I am.  I just feel like I got the deal of a lifetime when it comes to a free meal!

I'm pretty easy on Travis when it comes to not throwing away food.  Rarely do I make him eat any of the leftovers.  Although there are a few nights where I set out the most random of things in front of him and expect him to praise my wonderful housewife skills... which he normally does!

So last night, we went out to Olive Garden with Trav's sister, Callie and her husband Jason.  Travis and I got boxes for our leftovers.  Callie still had a huge pile of noodles in front of her but had picked out all her favorite parts of shrimp.  I guess she must have asked me if I wanted to take her noodles home (as much as  I have wanted to, I don't ask people for their leftovers after eating out :)  So I tasted them to make sure I liked them, and alas... my lunch for today... my sister-in-laws leftover noodles from Olive Garden complete with a leftover breadstick:


It's the small things in life that can make me so happy.  Wednesday  just got a little better!

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett July 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Looks yummy! We are too similar. Last week I asked a random lady at Luke's dad's church picnic if Boaz could eat half of her beefburger since she wasn't going to touch it. :)

Amber July 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Ashley, you are simply hilarious! I call Ross the "Human Garbage Disposal" for the same reasons. :) :) I, however, HATE leftovers...

Anonymous July 22, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

love it! i actually didn't have any dinner/lunch today so maybe today i would have ate it. haha. probably not thought cuz i'm also not a big fan of leftovers, the best part of them tho is you don't have to cook it! just reheat!
callie

Unknown July 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Ashley, only you can make leftovers look yummy:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP