Friday, August 21, 2009

Grandpa

I was invited to photograph a family reunion a couple of weeks ago.  I would say most of the family members approached me and said they wanted a really good picture of grandpa... Great grandpa to some!  I loved following grandpa around and getting some nice shots of him :)

I did manage to get some pics of the little ones of the family.  I loved hearing grandpa talk about how proud he was to have great grandchildren!



too bad I had eaten on the road before I got there.  They were so generous, and offered me all the food they were partaking in.  Lesson learned, next time, go hungry :)


RUN Addelyn! :)

You may notice much of the family wearing white?!  I also wore a white t-shirt and jeans, so I really fit right in.  I have actually heard recently, other photographers say they wear white to photo shoots.  It helps to bounce some white light on to your subjects face instead of casting weird color in their direction.  The first time I heard about it, I didn't think too much of it.  But then I heard it again from another photographer, so decided to try it :)  Chances are, you will see me in a white t-shirt at your next shoot.
Thanks again Kris!  And NO!  You weren't pressuring me to get your blog post up, I know you're patient :)

2 comments:

Kris Hoskinson August 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

awww gramps!!! :) love it....thanks ashley! looking forward to seeing all of the pics, there are some GREAT ones on here!

Unknown August 22, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

Ashley, you are a wonderful photographer! That shot of gramps is just how I picture him and Jack and his blue eyes...Can't wait to see the rest.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP