Saturday, August 22, 2009

peaches and a request

my friend Kelsey sent me an email this past week saying:


"Dear Ashley,  is it too much to ask that you update your blog everyday?"

Not for you my dear friend!

So, I'll give it my best shot.  This is two days in a row!  We'll see if I can get baby Alaina's ready for tomorrow (that may be the end of my streak)  Blogging is exhausting!! :)
Travis' mom gave us a whole crate of peaches last time we were in Allison.  She offered us more, but we said this would be enough.  We let them sit on the counter for maybe a week but then Trav began making peach malts!  To be truthful, they aren't malts.  No malt powder is involved.  Just peaches, ice cream, and milk as needed.  I'm not sure why we insist on saying "PEACH MALTS" every night after dinner.

So.... where do we get malt powder at!?!?  My mom always had a container of it when Jay and I were kids.  I've looked at every grocery store, but can't find malt powder.  All I can find is the malted milk, which certainly isn't the same thing!

Now that all our peaches are gone, I wish we would have accepted more!

2 comments:

Johnni August 22, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

I'm not a big malt person (prefer shakes), but we've had the same problem not being able to find malt powder for Matt. Let us know if you every find any!

Katie R. August 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

My grandma always had that malt powder too!!! I would also appreciate it if you would update your blog daily, I just love your work!! Your baby pics make me cry...this blog however just makes me hungry!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP