Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Backbone

I felt like we should do something fun to celebrate the holiday weekend.  So Travis suggested we take a last minute day-trip over to Backbone State park on Saturday.  I had never been before (to my knowledge) so I wasn't sure what to expect.  We were going to take Mowgli.  Last minute I thought maybe we shouldn't because there would probably be a rule where you had to have pets on a leash, and that might just get annoying the whole day.  But Trav is pretty comfortable breaking the rules, so we brought him :)  He did great.  We're lucky that he is such a good boy and we totally trust him!
We all had alot of fun.  We stopped and got Subway sandwiches for the cooler to have at the park.... SO domestic, I KNOW!  We hiked for an hour or two before lunch and an hour or so after.  So it wasn't a full day worth of exploring, but we were pretty darn tired after anyway.
Mowgli REALLY loves exploring outside, so this was a perfect activity for him.  Trav said that he got twice as much exercise as us because he would run ahead 20 feet, then come back to us, then go ahead again and come back.


I had visions of getting really pretty landscape pictures. When I brought my camera out at this creek, the battery died after 5 minutes. So much for that idea. At least I got a couple to document the day and share with you!

2 comments:

Kris Hoskinson September 9, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

looks like you guys had fun!!!

LindaAlex September 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

You were at Backbone in 1992 when we first moved to Cedar Falls. We had a picnic, hiked and spent time wading in the streams. It's a beautiful park. I hope that Mowgli was careful out on the "backbone!"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP