Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My heart is melting

I just fall in love with images of Dads and their little girls!  I can't imagine how much this little princess will cherish images of her and her daddy as she grows up.  Look at this beautiful baby!  OH MAN, I love newborn photo shoots!  I had such a fun and relaxed session with this baby girl and her parents. It wasn't hard to feel like we were old friends just hanging out.
The whole family was like super models!  They were so natural and just did their thing while I was there.  The only "photo coaching" I really did was I would say things like, "why don't you all come stand over here by the window.  And BAM I would get a really great image :)



This past year, I've been trying to find my "niche" in photography.  I've been trying a lot of different things, both posed and un-scripted photographs.  Do I want to be the photographer where people say, "oh, she does all those baby in a bowl type photos."  or the photographer  that does the "natural fly on the wall, just hanging out things."  The great photographers will tell you to find what you're really good at and stick with perfecting that.

The photographs I tend to fall in love with are the most natural and REAL moments that are caught - just because.  But I am definitely learning that you still somewhat have to set those up too.  Like the momma below.  I had her sit in a chair by the window and asked her to hold her baby's feet in her hand.  The closeness, the snuggles, the kiss are 100% her and her child in the moment.

Here's Dad again, melting my heart with the sweetness between him and his baby!





What a PERFECT family and perfect session!  And to think, they found me through Facebook!  I need to quit knocking Facebook and thank my friend Kim who made me sign up for it, twice.  Because I rebelled the first time and deleted my account :)  And thank the Davis family for displaying their photos on Facebook!

5 comments:

Amber September 1, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

Oh my goodness! You are amazing at what you do, Ash! I can't wait for you to take pictures of our little one this Fall. ;) :)

Our Life September 2, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

beautiful shots, Ashley! and I love the new header.. I've never met you, but it seems to fit you to a "T". :)

LindaAlex September 2, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I cannot pick a favorite! I change my mind every time I look, but the ones of all three of them together are so wonderful. I can feel the love from here!!

Kris Hoskinson September 2, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

those are AMAZING shots. you are so good. i love to watch you grow in this whole photography thing! it is so much fun, by the way the family pics were great! i haven't gotten them to the fam yet but soon!

Unknown September 18, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

I GOT A SHOT OUT!! yeah facebook!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP