Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do I look tan?

Guess were we went this weekend?

Cancun, Mexico!!!!!

Travis' company takes all their employees and significant others on an awesome trip every other year.  2 years ago we all went on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico.  It was my first time on a cruise, and while it was fun.... I'm more of a relax by the pool/ beach girl :)  I was ecstatic to find out that this year we were going to an all inclusive resort in Mexico.  To me, Life feels perfect relaxing in the sunshine, dipping your toes in the pool, reading a book and having someone bring food and beverages.  Why I live in Iowa...... who knows!?
I'd like to say Trav wasn't "ready" for this picture.  But for some reason, he still thinks it's COOL not to smile in photos.

Travis is definitely an action kinda guy.  It's nice that we can have a vacation every once in awhile with other people so he can have someone to DO stuff with and I can just relax.  And relax I DID!  I bought a new book before I left and loved getting to read a novel.  I really only make the time to read novels on vacation, and it was well overdo.

I thought that I might bring my nice camera to snag some fun pictures.  We also like to bring the laptop on vacations to watch movies on the airplane and in the airports.  BUT, since both those things are related to my business and work now, I thought it would be nice to leave EVERYTHING behind for 4 days to clear my mind.  I'm SO glad I did.  I brought my little point and shoot out just a few times to get some essential photos to remember our vacation.  At home, my mind races about everything that happened that day, or that needs to get done.  I sort of feel a constant nag of anxiety ALL THE TIME.  I am thrilled to say that my mind truly felt at ease and was really peaceful. 
I have to say, we had THE nicest rooms I have ever had.  They were so elegant and classy :)  We have the option to upgrade from the standard rooms, but we didn't.  I'm super glad we stuck with these because they were perfect!  Even though we don't spend much time in the rooms, it's fun to feel pampered!  The whole resort was beautiful.

These next 2 don't surprise you, do they?!

I am in 3 pictures from the trip, this is the only one I'm willing to show!  Travis and I both agree we may invest in a couple of gym memberships this winter and go together after work.  There is an Anytime Fitness just around the corner from us that may be perfect :)
When I got married, my mom said to my new husband:  She will never ask you, "Do I look fat?"  She will ask, "Do I look tan?"  It's true.  What can I say, I've always wanted to be more "golden", but I have natural white and pasty skin.  I used to try very hard to get tan.  But I could spend all summer outside and still not look tan to most people.  It was only until after college that I realized I will never be tan and I shouldn't waste my time trying.  Lucky me, Trav is kinda white too, I think it makes me feel a bit better about it.

I had a great long weekend and am so glad that we get these trips from his company!  It's an awesome "special treat" and I greatly look forward to a fantastic vacation.  They best part is, we only spent about $100, and most of that was for food in the airports.  And a $10 magnet :)

I'm trying to get caught up with everything that was still going on here in the real world.  Thanks for your patience while I sort through emails, phone calls and a long to-do list!

5 comments:

b+k November 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

Ash, these pictures look fantastic! (even with just the point and shoot!) I'm so glad you and travis were able to get away, and to such a gorgeous place!!! Hopefully you feel a bit refreshed and not too overwhelmed to come back to real life. Just look back at these pictures when you're feeling a bit stressed, it looks so wonderful there!

Heather November 17, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Ahhhhh.....I just had a "mini-vacation" just looking at those!!! Thanks so much! OH....and I am glad you had fun too! What a blast!!!

Amber November 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

WOW! What a great break from reality. That's an awesome perk! The pictures reminded me of our honeymoon to Riviera Maya. So beautiful!! Thanks for taking me back... :)

Kris Hoskinson November 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

i'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! you deserved it! :)

Becky Bartlett November 17, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Wowzers... that looks like an awesome place! I think you do look tan! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP