Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day... kinda

Most people would know if they had a snow day or not. I didn't.


I woke up a little late, thinking that I might get a snow day, seeing as the weather channel was telling people not to leave their homes. Being the crazy girl I am, I was thinking I would get a phone call, email, or maybe find my company on KWWL's cancelation list. (I should put in a sidenote, that YES, I have a full time job on top of my photography business. A lot of people don't know this.)

I didn't hear anything, so I went in to work, assuming that we had it. I get to work, passing about 5 total cars on the way, one of them that is stuck, and I can't park on the street because their is too much snow on the sides of the road. I find a spot about a block away and none of the sidewalks have been shoveled, so I'm walking along the street with only my eyes showing because the wind is blowing so hard! Lucky for me, there are NO cars on the streets! I got to the front door of our building through about 2 feet of snow! And realized I was the first person to the building, because the snow had drifted up over the bottom of the door.

I am the first person in my office, which doesn't surprise me, but I figured people would have started showing up in the next couple of minutes. I called a couple of my boss' cell phones. One answered and he told me that people are probably just running late. 40 minutes LATER.... i am STILL the only person there! I call a different boss' home phone and find out that he has told another employee to check in at noon and not to come in for the morning. NICE..... I'm pretty pleased that I got up and came to work for this! SHEESH..... so I left and am enjoying the sort of snow day, while it lasts. I'll probably have to go in this afternoon. **edited** JUST GOT THE CALL THAT I GET TO STAY HOME FOR THE WHOLE DAY!

For now, I enjoy the sights of a snow day!


4 comments:

Anonymous December 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

I'm just waiting until he tears into one of those presents!

T

LindaAlex December 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Aw, I love seeing the pictures of your tree and the Mowgli dog! He looks so cute and I am sure that he is loving the snow and would never tear into the gifts!!

Kelsey December 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

You have a lot of presents under your tree!

Amber December 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

I would be so mad that I had to get up and go through the hassle that you did to find out that you could have stayed in bed!! Hopefully you enjoyed your time once you returned home safely. :) Mowgli is such a gorgeous dog.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP