Friday, December 4, 2009

An unlikely thanksgiving

It was a sort of weird Thanksgiving. There was no turkey, no large family get-togethers, no football.... We did have disc golfing...

jenga
pumpkin bread french toast

and sewing of a tree skirt...

(photos taken by my mom and Dale)

We may not have done some of the regular holiday traditions, but we did get a 4 day weekend with family :) We spent a quiet day with Trav's parents in Allison on Thursday eating ham and watching really bad movies. Mowgli got to stay at the farm all weekend, which is his absolute favorite place to be! Friday we headed to Des Moines where we ate most of the time, but did get a few activities in. Dale brought his kids over and we all played disc golf and ate chili together. You can just go ahead and call us the Brady Bunch!

When we got home I put up our Christmas Tree!! So excited :) My new tree skirt underneath looks great too. My mom made most of it, but I helped here and there! I love having the tree lights on at night when I get home and in the morning when I wake up. It makes the house feel so cozy.

1 comments:

LindaAlex December 4, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

It was a WONDERFUL holiday weekend. Thanks so much for coming down!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP