Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dropping the Ball

Whoops! I'm pretty sure I said I would be better about blogging this week. I think I ought to stop making promises I can't keep :) I've been really busy getting all my marketing/ advertisement/ business stuff revamped and ready for this next year. So lots of quality time with photoshop and the print lab.


I've also been mentoring! I had a gal contact me last fall with questions on how to use her brand new camera! After lots of emails back and forth, we struck up a friendship and I really enjoy our time together :) We had a "session" today and I love getting together to talk photography. Her identity will have to remain secret today though, she REFUSED to let me take her photo :) Although, this is her little punkin she brought with as our model :)

I've also been doing some work updating the photos around my own home. I've had some shelves up in my living room for awhile and I was just unhappy with their arrangement. Last weekend, my mom was visiting and helped me take them down. Well, this definitely created MORE work for me. By taking down the shelves, it left holes and lots of scuffs in the wall. Since we didn't have any leftover paint from that particular wall, I've taken my time fixing it. It's coming along. I had to order some things for the new display. If it turns out looking good, maybe I'll post a pic!

Travis and I got a kick in the butt last weekend at church. We attend Orchard Hill in Cedar Falls. One of the big reasons we chose that church when we were dating was because of the wonderful teachings! Last fall the church asked the congregation to take a survey. Some of the results were shared last week and it was sobering to hear just how many of us were reading our bibles every day. OUCH. It's like the message was just for us. Trav and I have both slipped into a less than wonderful routine with our bibles. One of the things that really struck a chord with me is something along the lines of, "what a disservice it is to our neighbor when we are not reading God's word daily." I've never thought of it like that. It's not just ourselves that we're hurting, but the people around us are not receiving the full benefit of a Christ-like heart. This is something Travis and I have been working on.

So anyway, just some little tidbits into what life's been like here. I don't say this often enough. But thank you for reading my blog! It means a lot to know there are people who care enough to keep coming back! And thanks for taking time to leave a comment or even email me from time to time. I absolutely LOVE hearing from you :)

4 comments:

Our Life January 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM  

I love reading your blog! Keep the posts coming! :)

Becky Bartlett January 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

That statistic in church was sobering, wasn't it? Gave me a little charge also! Secret shooter- I think I know who you are! :) And your little girl is getting so big- and sooo cute!!

Heather January 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Too funny....not really a secret...just hate having my picture taken...I didn't want to make Ashley's work look bad since I never take a good picture! But thanks Ashley for all of your time!! I love it!!! Can't wait till we get together again!

Johnni January 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

I've dropped the ball on commenting on your blog lately :) Thanks for the updates! I think I'm just going to e-mail you...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP