Friday, February 12, 2010

The biggest compliment (Waterloo/ Cedar Falls child photographer)

This is not a thankless job. I am overwhelmed with emotion, joy and pride when a new mom gushes about the photographs of her new baby! I feel so honored when I get an email saying how perfectly a 2 year old boy was captured through my lens. And OH MAN... when I walk into a client's home and see my photographs hanging on their wall from a previous session, I'm all smiles that day!


The very biggest compliment however, is a referral to another friend or family member! I absolutely love hearing just who sent you my way. I've gotten some wonderful referrals this past year!

I received some priceless advice when I was starting my business. Learn your craft. Powerful words, with years of practice, research and determination built in to that little sentence. So while I was laying the foundation for something I wanted to build on, Becky believed in me. I'm not 100% sure why. I think she saw something in me that even I didn't! Thank God for that! I needed support and I needed referrals!

I was beyond thrilled to be able to bless Becky this weekend with images of her boys! She was my NUMBER 1 referrer (is that a word?) in 2009, and I wasn't about to let that go unthanked (wait, is that a word?)

I've had the privilege of photographing big brother Boaz before. He is very photogenic and a natural in front of the camera. Every once in awhile he would do this silly freeze and be super shy. But when I left, I realized those were the times I wasn't talking with him, laughing, and being 100% engaged. Who wants to smile at a black box anyway?!

This was my very first time getting to photograph little Cainan. He was feeling a bit under the weather, which was a bummer, but didn't stop us completely. He is totally the picture perfect rolly polly little guy. I wish he would have felt better and I could have snuggled him. The only thing he wanted was his momma :)

Do you see those eyelashes?!? While Boaz had a super cute outfit on this morning, Becky and I had a little PJ party. We talked on the phone that morning and she made sure I knew the dress code was pajamas! Bless her!

And guess who got a bath while I was there! People do NOT hire me to torture their kids. If the little ones aren't having fun, we switch things up and go a different direction to make sure the experience is a good one for everybody! I think Cainan loved his morning bath on the kitchen floor :)

Becky, I hope you love the images of your boys! I had a wonderful morning!!!

6 comments:

Kris Hoskinson February 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

awwww i love it! isn't becky one of the best "connecting" people you've ever met! that is just who she is! glad you got to take pics of the brothers. :)

Becky Bartlett February 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

Oh, Ashley!! Once again these are amazing!! Can't wait to see the rest. Thanks so much for braving the snow to come and do this. Can't believe you got such good pictures of cainan- ear infection and all!! :) You are amazing... and thanks for the sweet compliments. You bet I believe in you!! :)

Boaz says thanks and... hmn888ijijjjjjjjjjhhhjbfgjnjmujjhmn n bhghhhn

Mom February 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Ok Ashley, here I am again, two comments in one week, can you believe it? :) These pics are GREAT!! What a great pic of Boaz' eyelashes, they have always been so beautiful(can I say that about a boy?)

Jenny

Becky Bartlett February 12, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Ashley- was just looking at these with Boaz again and he got so excited about the panther on his hand!!! (I wanted to wash it off before pictures, but he objected strongly.)

LindaAlex February 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Great pictures of the boys, Ash. Baby Cainan is adorable too! It's so wonderful to have friends, referrals and great people in your life. I am so glad that you have found such wonderful people!

Jan February 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Ashley, You have photographed all seven of my adorable grandchildren- these being two of them. You have such an eye- love what you are able to capture for the rest of us to enjoy!! Thanks!--- "Grandma Glace"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP