Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!

I'm not really one to take huge chances. I'm more of the "play it safe" kind of girl. When I graduated and began the hum-drum of going to a desk job.... day after day after day after day, I realized I needed something more! I was hoping for something energizing, fun, and something I could be excited and passionate about.


It's funny because I watched this show on Oprah some random day that talked about Living your Best Life. Of course it did! What else does Oprah talk about :) But the thing she said that really hit a nerve with me is "Why are so many people NOT doing what they are naturally good at." I started asking myself, what are my natural talents and God given gifts. Something that I didn't ever have to force myself in to. It made so much sense to me. I should spend my time using the talents that God has given me. So I thought about it... What am I naturally good at? What do people time and time again tell me I do well. No one has ever said to me, "Wow Ashley, you are a great musician" or "You should be a swimsuit model!" So, I won't do those things, but among others that I am proud of, photography has always been something that came natural to me. People would just casually say, "you take really good pictures". One day it "clicked" and I did something!


My mom has always been a good photographer, so I'm lucky to have grown up with well composed photographs my whole life. It was easy for me to see the difference between a good picture and a bad one. NOT to say I haven't taken many bad photos, and still do. I'm sure I always will. But it's a great thing to learn from!

What's all this rambling about... my photography business officially turns one year old this February!

Happy 1st Birthday to Ashley Schrage Photography!


I'm so excited I want to celebrate! WITH YOU of course. I couldn't have done it with out you! To say thanks for all the support, whether you've had 3 sessions already with me, or you are a blog stalker, I am giving away a FREE SESSION!

-Winner to receive a free on-location session for up to 5 members of the same immediate family. Location to be within 20 miles of Cedar Falls/ Waterloo, Iowa. Don't live in the area? No problem! If you win and live outside of the area, you may transfer your free session to a friend or family member who does. Of course if you are willing to travel for a session, please do!
-With your session, you will also receive an online gallery, 10 (medium resolution) digital files of your choice and 25% discount on any prints you may choose to purchase.

To receive this gift, simply leave a comment on THIS blog post on or before Valentine's Day(that's 10 days!). Make sure to leave your name and tell me about the special person/ people in your life you would love to capture through photography!

I will announce the winner on Monday, February 15th. So check back to claim your prize or leave your email address so I can notify you!

I want everyone to be a winner and celebrate with me. Even if you don't win, all sessions booked from RIGHT NOW until February 19th will receive a complimentary 11x14 print AND 10% off your print order. You MUST mention this blog post when booking to receive the prize. You also must be able to send in your deposit to seal the deal! Don't forget to spread the word and tell your friends about both special offers!


fine print:
-1 comment will be chosen on February 15, 2010 for a free session.
-One entry per household please.
-The free session must take place in March, April, or May.
-I reserve the right to terminate the contest if necessary.
-Winner agrees to sign my standard model release form (please email me if you would like a copy)
-No substitutions may be made to prizes.
-Please contact me through email at ashleyschrage@gmail.com for clarification on any of the above terms.

16 comments:

Becky Bartlett February 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Happy Birthday!! :) So fun to see some loved faces on this blog post. Who would I love to capture in pictures? my boys with their daddy!!

Staci February 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

That is so awesome you've been doing this a year!! I would of course love to capture my baby girl's baby blues :)

Mom February 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

You know I am a blog stalker of yours,so of course I have to leave my comment this time. I usually just tell you in person how great your photos are:) I would love to have pics of my 2 grandbabies, and the nashville baby will even be here in March-yay!

Jenny Rogers (since it says "mom")

Jamie P February 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Ashley,
Congrats on one year of your dream job... I ran across this on Callie's facebook and thought I'd check out your photos, wow they are amazing. This may sound funny but I would love to capture myself, I would love some to send to my boyfriend in Afghanistan for our 3 year anniversary. I don't know if you take pictures with animals or not but they are kind of like my kids!! I have a great dane and a rabbit :)

Jamie Pedersen

Unknown February 4, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

1 year already? Congrats Ashley!! So proud of you for going after what you love doing! Thanks for the greats photos of our family's this last year!!! I love being able to pass your name on :) I'd of course love some out door shots of my two little boys :)

The Farwells February 4, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Happy 1st Birthday! How exciting for you!! :) I'd love to capture some rain boot, puddle splashing, fun spring pictures of our kiddos!

Kris Hoskinson February 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

i can't believe it has been a year! i'm so proud of you for taking a step out and doing this. you are an amazing photographer. and by the way, i'd love to have you capture some pics of my fam!!!!

LindaAlex February 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

I am SO PROUD of you!! I would love to capture my baby girl in your photographs, but I guess that wouldn't really be possible! Love, MOM

Stephanie February 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

I admit, I have been a blog stalker ever since our session last summer. I love to see all your creative shots!

BTW, Nicholas was having a bad day feeling like no one loved him. I had your post pulled up on the screen when I was comforting him and showed him the picture you included of him and Caleb...it made him smile!

I of course need pictures of my two boys...especially Nicholas who is losing teeth like crazy!

Stephanie Stocks

Knut & Molly Brown February 4, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

YEAH ASHLEY! It's amazing how fast a year can go. I love all the pictures you have taken of Hallie. I would love to get pictures of Hallie and her grandpa (my dad) at his house. While we're there we could inclued my mom and brother too :) She always has so much fun at their house.

Heather February 4, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

Happy 1st Birthday!!! I too am a blog stalker and think you are AMAZING!! If I won...I would love photos of ME with my girls!! Being beind the camera like most Mom's...I have no pictures of my girls with their Mommy....Your Mom's comment made me choke up a little....Ashley's Mom....I will get those pictures FOR you!! I promise!

Unknown February 4, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

CONGRATS on all of your hard work girl. I'm proud of you.

Shaun and Kelly Sanders February 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

I've recently become a fan of your beautiful photography and am glad you followed your passion. I'd really like to capture my new baby girl with my husband and I. We had waited and prayed for this girl for 3 years and now she is the greatest blessing we could have ever hoped for. What better way to treasure this time than through picture!!

aeb February 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Hi Ashley! I would fall in the category of a blog stalker! :) I would love to capture Kyler turning 1 year old in April! As well as our family at this stage of life!

Ashley Blanchard

Jess February 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

I think I would be considered a blog stalker... Haha.
I love your photography and the images you capture of babies and little ones, takes my breath away. You really know how to capture the perfect moments.
I would love to have you capture me and my brother. I haven't been home since September and will be coming home in March, and I miss him very much... so it would be nice to have some "sibling photos."
Great work! :)

-Jess Taylor

ingrid giere February 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

I guess I've been a blog stalker over the last year....recently locally, prior to overseas. We are back in the Cedar Falls area, after 3 years abroad. My husband just recently got out of the Army. I love your eye for great pictures, and would love for you to capture my blue eyed boy or our family. We have never had a professional take our family photo and my son hasnt had his pic taken since he was 7mo (16mo now). Im sad we missed his 1yo pics (too busy with the move, and now finally settled)....so I rambled...We would LOVE to get pics done by you :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP