Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Date Night

I had one of the best dates the other night!


We actually (meaning travis and I) wanted to go to one of our favorite local restaurants but it was packed so decided to go to Culver's instead. Mostly because it was close. I REALLY don't like to cook on Friday nights. After a long week, going out for dinner is the best present I can give myself. We were by far the minority in the restaurant and learned that Culver's is a Friday night hot spot for those aged over 60. And I mean that in the most respectful way possible :) Our dinner actually wasn't that awesome. Our burgers were pretty burnt, but we talked and laughed like we were flirting and dating. It was awesome.

I was having so much fun, I didn't want to call our date over, so I asked Trav if he would go to a furniture store with me. We weren't going to buy anything, just browse. When we walked in, a salesman approached us. We really didn't want to be "sold" anything so I told him this was our date and they left us alone for the next 45 min or so. Travis and I found this really neat round couch with pillows that looked like big donut holes. We cozied up on it and threw these pillows back and forth trying to time it so we could both throw one at the same time, and they wouldn't hit each other. You know this game? I'm sure you've played it! Maybe not with your spouse at a furniture store on a Friday night. But you know what I'm talking about :)

I love the little "out of the ordinary" moments we get from time to time!

I think he's pretty cute :)

3 comments:

Amber March 23, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Hilarious... and you actually admitted to doing that... publicly!!! Our dates have turned into Target and Costco. If we can fit both into one afternoon or evening, that is a good day!!

Kris Hoskinson March 23, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

so sweet:)

Heather March 24, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

Ahhh.....already getting to "enjoy" the little things...feel that weight lifting already? Good decision you made to leave your old job and persue your passion! Good for the two of you!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP