Thursday, March 25, 2010

The view from here.

This is my new work atmosphere!


I had to trade in this old one to get it :)

I think I made out pretty well :) So I wanted to give an update on how self-employment is going! I've realized that, yes I was trying to cram so much into my day, but I just wasn't even doing most of it. There were so many things that weren't getting done. I'm glad I've gotten to catch up on a lot of the misc tasks having to do with my business and my home, but am a bit embarrassed that no one was doing them before. For example, nobody had vacuumed in a very long time! We have let the misc. trash accumulate in our yard for months. It must be because we live on a busy street, people litter, and it blows around our entire yard. I am finally able to do some very necessary backups to my computer and client photographs.

I'm surprised at how busy I've kept these past few days and how many things I realized needed to get done. A few people "jokingly" warned me about how bad daytime TV was. For some reason, I think people assumed I was quitting my day job to catch up on bad TV :) I've actually only watched 1 full show from my DVR this week. I've found it very relaxing to keep the television OFF or just turn it to a music channel while I work.

The best part of my week so far is I purchased a pass at the YMCA. I really wanted a pool at my workout location and was pleasantly surprised at how many classes are included in the membership fee. I've really enjoyed making this a part of my daily routine and am trying to figure out a schedule that gives my days some structure. I wanted to try "water yoga" this week, NOT to be mistaken for "water arthritis", which I did happen to walk in on :) The majority of people using the pool during work hours are also the people I saw attending "water arthritis". I secretly tried to race one of these participants my first day in the pool but was sadly beaten. Good thing he didn't know it was a race and was really trying to win! That could have been embarrassing :)

What else have I been up to this first week... designing lots of cards and storyboards and have gotten approval from "mamma" to send them out to be printed. I can't wait till they come back! I also received some gorgeous client canvases in the mail. I wish I could keep them for myself, but fear I may be fired as the family photographer if I don't hand them over. I had a photo shoot earlier this week with a super cute 17 month old little boy. I also attended my first networking meeting. I've been staying very busy, but also having a lot of fun!

Thanks to everyone who's checked in this week to see how it is going!
It's going GREAT!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP