Monday, June 28, 2010

Sturgis Falls weekend!

We had a great weekend! I love Sturgis Falls... mostly because I love to eat :) Trav and I ended up eating the majority of our meals "festival style" this weekend. Tenderloins, strawberry smoothies, OP Pizza, corn dogs (Jurassic size!) and mini doughnuts... which by the way, we should NOT have gotten the large. 43 doughnuts, mini or not, is just too many.


This shot of Travis surprised us both and turned out to be a great photo of him. I was trying to test the light, and he was annoyed I was doing it on him :) But I guess he gave me a sweet smile anyway. What a guy!

I loved getting to hang out with friends and family so much for a few days. Travis and I have really enjoyed our brothers being in town this summer! Chase (in the photo above) is Trav's brother and had been at Iowa State the past few years. My brother, Jay just moved to town from Mason City where he's been since graduating high school! We're really having fun with family in town :)

And Trey is our favorite two year old! He LOVES Mowgli and we love when our friend Tricia brings him over. And we let Chase come too :)
We were all pretty sweaty this weekend, especially after the parade. Trav and I didn't get home till almost midnight on Saturday! You DO know that's really late for me, right?! We slept really hard from a busy day of sitting in lawn chairs :)

So now Monday's here and I need to think of a healthy meal for tonight, you know... so I feel better about all the junk we ate this weekend!

2 comments:

LindaAlex June 28, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

It's so fun to see a peek of Stugis, especially the Overman Bandshell and the mini donuts! It sounds like you had fun. I am always reminded of your first date with Travis at the Sturgis Falls parade. I had to get dressed before he came to pick you up! Glad you had fun this year too.

Heather June 28, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

I love the picture of Travis also....because you are in it too and that is pretty darn cool! I'm sure you noticed that but it shows you hard at work and all....haha!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP