Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Happy 2011! What better way to welcome the New Year than with a brand new baby!



Much more of baby Colin within the next couple of days!

Today is my first "official" day back to work. Typically I just sort of work my way through weekends and holidays. I took some good time off from email, editing, and ordering the past couple of weeks. I didn't realize how burnt out I was. It's actually taking all my strength to write this blog now. I'll try to get back to my regular blogging, but it may take some time for me to fully warm up to regular posts.

Do you have a New Years resolution? I can't really say that I do. I'm hopeful it's going to be a great year and I do have some goals! I felt really proud of myself that in 2010 I started working out regularly. I am not someone who loves working out, but really enjoyed my group classes at the YMCA. December was a BAD month for me in that I maybe worked out 4 times. I'm looking forward to getting back in to a routine. My goal isn't to loose lots of weight, but it would be a great benefit! Really, I just want to be healthy and it gives me a great break from the computer.

I want to spend MUCH less time on facebook and blog surfing! I don't think sitting down a couple of times a week to do these things is bad, but once an hour is a little excessive, right? I mean, what do I think is going to happen in that amount of time I simply must see? Nothing.

I think I want to find a new hobby this year. My options I've considered are reading novels, scrap-booking, recycling (due to some motivation from my friend Johnni), shopping (only I don't have any money to spend). Now that I'm writing this out, I think I need to find more options. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Amber January 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

I love to do jigsaw puzzles... a great way to just let your mind wander and destress. :) :)

Andrea January 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

I absolutely LOVE this picture of Colin. I am so very excited to see more. Can't wait Ashley!!! As far as hobbies go, if you are ever interested in learning to sew or crochet I would be happy to teach ya too :) Kudos to you too for the YMCA classes!!!

Kaley January 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

Scrap booking! :)

Johnni January 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM  

I can come up with lots of ideas for you. Let's hang out and chat about them :)

Liz January 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

Start scrapbooking! You could pick out your favorite photo from each shoot, and then it could be an example of your work. Or just stick with photos of Travis & Mowgli.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP